HomeGroupsTalkExplore

More Simple Signs

by Cindy Wheeler

Teaches twenty-nine signs from American Sign Language with illustrations and useful hints for remembering them.

This is a very easy book that will help anybody to learn sign language. I've seen people doing sign language mostly on TV where they talk about a natural disaster, or presidential speeches and many other things. It's very interesting watching them I've always wanted to learn sign language, but thought it was very difficult. This book helped me to learn some basic everyday words in sign language. I loved how they had the hints on every page this made signing words in a fun way that we can remember. ( )
  Nattamari | Nov 11, 2018 |
As sitting in lectures, speeches, or even concerts with interpreters, I am always intrigued and wished I could sign even some if not as frequently and quickly as them. I would see in my biology lecture and be eager to guess what signs meant and would admire the difficulty yet swiftness in communication. I thought how it must be so much more tiring to watch an interpreter and to never be allowed a drift of focus. This book is written to where even the smallest kid could be read aloud and shown simple signs like please, thank you, help etc. and are shown the signs in the illustrations. This book can be read by as little as first grade but may interest even 5th graders who have deaf friends or want to learn about the deaf community. ( )
  mprochnow | Nov 6, 2018 |
This book was very easy, but awesome if you ask me. I ;love how it showed images and how those images or words can be communicated using sign language. This book is yet another example of how exceptionalities are not preventing people form living their lives. Someone with the exceptionality of a hearing impairment, may do things differently, like say words with their hands and arms, not their mouths, and even understand things differently. ( )
  Gabrielle21 | Oct 31, 2018 |
More Simple Signs is a book teaching sign language. It has pictures and diagrams showing exactly how to do it and even gives hints to help out. This book could be for anyone beginning or wanting to learn sign language.
  audreybusch | Apr 13, 2017 |
Teaches 29 signs for ASL with illustrations and useful hints for remembering them.
Ages 5-7
Source PCL
  Maripocita | May 16, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,610,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible