Allegiant (Divergent Series) by Veronica…

Allegiant (Divergent Series) (edition 2016)

by Veronica Roth (Author)

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But will she be prepared to face impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love?… (more)
Member:Lanella
Title:Allegiant (Divergent Series)
Authors:Veronica Roth (Author)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2016), Edition: Reprint, 592 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 2 in series
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 1 in series

English (407)  Spanish (4)  German (1)  Afrikaans (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (416)
It has been so long since I read the other two books in Veronica Roth's Divergent series that I can't remember -- were they all this badly written? Perhaps I enjoyed the world setting so much that I didn't notice. But boy, Allegiant reads like a bad Harlequin romance half the time and the rest of the time the story being told was so underwhelming and boring.

Really disappointing ending to what had been an interesting series. ( )
  amerynth | Jan 19, 2020 |
READ IN ENGLISH

I was really looking forward to Allegiant, as I liked the first two novel (Divergent & Insurgent).

It was completely NOT what I expected. *SPOILERS AHEAD!!!*
Where was that big fight we were all expecting?
Why does the book take place outside the city?
What is all this about GD & GP?

The first few chapters I had some trouble reading, as it felt nagging and actually boring. After they escape the city, this is fortunately no longer a problem, but questions are raised.
I had the most problems with
a) They had people genetically engineered to be selfless, brave, smart, honest, (good?), but after that backfired, they could no longer use this technology to return a certain set of genes?
b) I still don't see how a faction based society could be of any help, or how this would increase the rate of Divergent people...
c) As soon as Tris/Four and the rest of them are in the compound, they never discuss sending a message to the city about what is actually happening to them. It is as if they've already settled with the idea that they are just guinea pigs in an experiment.

Nevertheless, I just couldn't stop reading (after the first few chapters) even though it was Christmas.

Ans last, but not least, the ending!
I was already raging about the easy way of solving things, Caleb didn't even have to die, cause Tris *magically* is resistant to all serum, but especially when she wants to be. I even raged about the HP-like Limbo I thought Veronica Roth had put into the story. But it then turned out that she was just dead. :shock: I didn't see that coming! After reading this I might even get afraid again the main character won't make it to the end and live happily ever after...
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
this took me longer than the rest to get into but was still good once I got onto it. Different than some other YA books in his it ended but worth it. good series. ( )
  tmbookluvr | Dec 3, 2019 |
Not as good as book two. About as good as book one. Didn't like how it skipped between Tris POV and Four POV. I kept getting confused. The writing style didn't change at all between characters and I kept thinking I was reading Tris POV all the time until something happened that reminded me I wasn't. Probably would have rated this less if the ending hadn't saved it a bit. I like that she died. It was a surprise. Usually she comes through alive after her crazy antics and that was becoming a bit unbelievable. I think in the movie the scene after she dies and Four remembers when she jumped first will be pretty special. Looking forward to the movies, just a shame this wasn't as good as book 2. ( )
  waltandmartha | Dec 3, 2019 |
  waltandmartha | Dec 3, 2019 |
Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed.
--From the Erudite faction manifesto
To Jo,
who guides and steadies me
I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,633,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible