Toot & Puddle : top of the world by Holly…

Toot & Puddle : top of the world (edition 2002)

by Holly Hobbie

200583,822 (4.17)1
Member:AC.Belgrade
Title:Toot & Puddle : top of the world
Authors:Holly Hobbie
Info:Boston : Little, Brown, 2002.
Tags:B-PS, wl2010

Toot & Puddle: Top of the World by Holly Hobbie

English (4)  French (1)  All languages (5)
I LOVED this book! it was so cute! The illustrations are very child friendly and cute to look at. They use realistic colors and details. Also the author does a good job of illustrating facial expressions, and I love how she made the pigs short and stocky. The plot of this book I also think was very cute. It escalated quickly, but in a humorous way. Toot left a note for his friend Puddle saying he just went for a walk. When Toot didn't come back by nightfall, Puddle acted like a detective and started thinking like Toot in order to find him. Eventually Puddle found Toot in France and the two of them stayed in France a little longer then journeyed to Nepal. They both got homesick and decided that it was time to go home. I really enjoyed the plot because it kept the story moving and it was cute. I also liked the writing style that he author uses because she wrote in half dialogue and half thought. She narrated Puddles thoughts about Toot which I though was good for the readers to see. She broke that up with dialogue between the pet toucan and Puddle an Puddle and Toot. I think the big picture of this story is that its fun to travel sometimes, but its always nice to go home. ( )
  Becca-Friedel | Oct 18, 2016 |
Love the art, love the characters - but the story in this particular episode was a bit too fantastic for me. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
35 months - O really enjoys this series. Toot goes for a walk and ends up in France. Puddle goes in search of him and the two end up on an adventure and see far off places. Eventually they are homesick and as we all know there's no place like home. We can relate completely as we have had many adventures ourselves and after awhile we can't wait to get back to familiar territory! ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This book is about toot and puddle. They are best friends. This friendship is proven one day when toot goes missing! Puddle sets out to find him and he has to take a train and a plane and goes on quite the adventure to find toot. The genre is folk tale fiction.
  lauraleerose | Apr 12, 2015 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0316365130, Hardcover)

Toot and Puddle fans, rejoice! The lovable pigs are back in a touching tale of friendship lost and found--literally. The story begins with a note from Toot, "Puds, Gone for a walk. Be back soon. T." But he doesn't get back soon (no surprise to Toot and Puddle fans), and by dinnertime, Toot is worried. He heads into the night, searching everywhere. He decides to think like his buddy to track him down, so he hops a train, then a bus, then gets on an airplane to Provence. And, what's this? "'Bonjour, mon ami!' Toot cheered." Once together, they head for Nepal, naturally, for the top of the world. And then they get homesick. Hollie Hobbie's gentle watercolors are as charming as ever. Children will worry about Toot, admire Puddle's loyalty, and cheer the happy ending. (Ages 3 to 7) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:04 -0400)

When Toot, a pig who loves to travel, takes a walk that turns into a trip to France and Nepal, his friend Puddle sets out to find him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,977,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible