The Choice (Walk the Right Road, Book 1) by…

The Choice (Walk the Right Road, Book 1)

by Lorhainne Eckhart

The characters in this story popped to life quite quickly and from that point on I was hooked. The mystery that unfolded was gradual and enticing. The promise of a sweet love story and a happy ending were never certain therefore, it kept me guessing page after page. Action and drama balanced each other out well and over all the elements of great story telling are clearly present in this author's writing. This is definitely a book worth reading. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jul 19, 2018 |
Agent Sam Catte did not betray his team or break the law, yet he is in the middle of a frame up that could cost more than his freedom. While he races to find out the truth, he meets Marcie, his soul mate in life. Now he has more choices to make. The characters are interesting and the action what you would expect in an agent versus drug dealer novel. With a little editing, the pace would improve and increase suspense. ( )
  bemislibrary | Aug 7, 2016 |
This is the worst end of the year book. It was predictable, full of cliches and half of the time I don't know what's happening. There are no explanation for things happening. The witch and magic thing seems to be a one big deus ex machina. The lead characters, who are all stupid, are given information on a silver plate by a ghost named Jerome. Cops and federal agents believing the words of a ghost! They are also outsmarted all the time by the bad guys! Stay away from this book. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Jan 1, 2013 |
We all know I am a lover of suspense! Add in some romance and you have a winning combination for me! I think that is what got me about this book! The romance was just missing :( Don’t get me wrong, it was there.. just kinda not there.. Make sense?
The synopsis of this book is what pulled me in! I mean really – from the sounds of it – amazing right?! Staying hooked once I started however, was a bit challenging. For me, this book started a little slow! I wish it had picked up before it did! While it did start to pick up in the middle – the end threw me off! lol

Here you have Sam, a DEA agent taking some time after a undercover job gone wrong. On the other hand you have Marice, who seems to be headed down a path filled with nothing but destruction. How does a DEA turn away from destruction? He doesn’t! So.. Throw the two of them together and see what happens? You betcha!

While the two did find romance while trying to figure out just what was going on in Marcie’s life – the story mainly focused on the myster/suspense part of the plot. As far as plots and story lines go – they flowed well together, just wish they would have picked up in spots alot more than they did! The moral of this story, however, is one of the main reasons I enjoyed this book. Everyone at some point in their lives have wondered which path to take and if was even the right one. Marcie chose a path that was laced with good – she even found love in it! :)I’d say she was a winner!

The ending was not what I wanted to be at all! I know it probably worked for some people, but there were just some things that didn’t add up to me! I really hope to see certain characters from this book, in other books. Something in me is just saying that their stories didn’t play out enough to call it the end! ( )
  TabathaV | Aug 18, 2012 |
Enjoyed the storyline. Good Read!
  CeeDeeGee | Dec 24, 2011 |
For those of you who came into my life, and helped make this book possible. Thank you to David, Jim, Candace, Ceri, John, Catherine, Beryl. Laura, Lisa, Louise, Steve, Mimi and Sherrill. And of course my children, without you I wouldn’t be following my dream. I wish for each of you -that your dreams remain large, and your worries stay small.
It’s too quiet.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Lorhainne Eckhart's book The Choice was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Lorhainne Eckhart is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Lorhainne Eckhart chatted with LibraryThing members from Sep 14, 2009 to Sep 25, 2009. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,550,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible