Trafficked: The Diary of a Sex Slave by…

Trafficked: The Diary of a Sex Slave (edition 2011)

by Sibel Hodge

My name is Elena and I used to be a human being. Now I am a sex slave.If you are reading this diary then I am either dead or I have managed to escape...Trafficked: The Diary of a Sex Slave is a gritty, gripping, and tear-jerking novella, inspired by real victims' accounts and research into the sex trafficking underworld. It's been listed as one of the Top 40 Books About Human Rights by Accredited Online Colleges."Hodge took her readers to a rare journey that touches and break the hearts all at the same time through the eyes of Elena, the victim to whom the diary belongs. While reading, I could feel the victim's emotions pouring through; her sadness, frustration, anger and fear bundled into a giant seemingly endless burden. Hodge really did a great job in describing everything, no matter how explicit it was." -- The Bornean Bookworm"Although the subject is a devastating one this story is beautifully written by Hodge. Hodge does a wonderful job, she manages to take you on this gritty journey leaving you breathless at the end. I highly recommend this novel! It is extremely moving, you will not be disappointed." -- Boekie's Book Reviews"Heart wrenching and well written" -- Can't Put It Down"This story is utterly heartbreaking. Some of the things that happen to Elena are truly horrific but somehow she never quite loses hope that she will be reunited with her daughter again. Being written in diary form I could see her in my head and I truly felt the things she was going through. I am not ashamed to admit I was in tears in places." -- Wistful Kimmie's Book Reviews… (more)
Member:Jhag
Title:Trafficked: The Diary of a Sex Slave
Authors:Sibel Hodge
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 100 pages

Work Information

Trafficked: The Diary of a Sex Slave by Sibel Hodge

A horrific yet emotionally touching story of a woman who has been forced into human trafficking. Very realistic with a look at the enormity of this global travesty. Elena is easy to connect with and the author brings awareness with this excellent story that is an absolute must read. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
  LiteraryChanteuse | Dec 16, 2015 |
Wow! What an eye opener!!!

First, I want to say I read / listened to this book in audio format via audible.com. I choose audio books when possible as the narrators tend to breath life into the stories like a heartbeat! With multiple voices, accents and excitement in all the right places, not to mention leaving me to be hands free while I read to do chores and/ or take on road trips is awesome!

I have just finished this book and kudos to the author, Sibel Hodge for writing it. What an eye opener this book is. I have heard of sex trafficking before, but never in such detail. This book is well written and even though it is sad, I couldn't stop listening to it. I had to know if Elena got away and found Lilliana. That poor girl and all the terrible things that happened to her and all the others who get trapped just like her.

I would be like Paul and everyone else thinking women are in brothels because they chose to be. This book changed my mind on that thought! Totally mind blowing. Lesson learned here: it only takes one person to make a difference!

Well written & superb job by narrator, Ilyana Kadushin too! I love how it was written as a diary. This way made me feel like it was more real. I also want to say, I love how some of the proceeds will go to helping others! It took a brave lady to write this book! Good job indeed! ( )
  imbulky | Feb 4, 2015 |
Ouch.

Not sensationalist, written as it could be and very likely is. ( )
  Steelwhisper | Mar 29, 2013 |
With less than 100 pages it's going to be tough to engage any reader into a story especially one as dark and horrifying as Elena's. I don't think it's as good as it could have been, it feels like a first draft to me that was waiting to be fleshed out. ( )
  littleton_pace | Aug 25, 2012 |

Sibel Hodge is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,184,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible