dismiss

The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook (2000)

by Beth Hensperger

Other authors: Red Star Yeast

Can the incomparable taste, texture, and aroma of handcrafted bread from a neighborhood bakery be reproduced in a bread machine? When Beth Hensperger, one of America's most respected authorities on bread, first set out to try, she had doubts. Then she spent hundreds of hours testing all kinds of breads in a bread maker, and her answer turned out to be a resounding "Yes!" In this big and bountiful book full of more than 300 recipes, she reveals all the simple secrets for perfect bread, every time. No matter how you slice it, Beth's brilliant recipes add up to a lifetime of fun with your bread machine! Recipes include: Whole Wheat Bread Gluten Free Bread Sourdough Bread Nut Bread Cheese Bread Pizza and Focaccia Coffee Cakes and Sweet Roll Chocolate Bread… (more)

Got it from the library and was so impressed I went out and bought it. Not giving it a five star review only because I haven't tested the recipes myself yet... They LOOK great and I'm looking forward to trying many of them. Saw a review that gave the book one star because the whole wheat bread recipes use bread flour in addition to whole wheat flour. Goodness, I can only assume that judgmental reviewer has never actually baked with only whole wheat flour! There are reasons why whole wheat baked goods are "lightened" with a mix of other flours...flours are not interchangeable, and whole wheat-only baked goods can easily turn out unpleasantly dense, heavy, crumbly, and downright inedible. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/what-makes-whole-grain-bread-so-hard-... ( )
  Nikchick | Mar 21, 2020 |
  Nikchick | Mar 21, 2020 |
This is a pretty good starter book for bread machine baking. Eventually, you get a little tired of the author's seemingly indiscriminate use of Vital Wheat Gluten and the unindexed portions of the text. This is an easy book to start with and an easy book to grow out of. ( )
  Adrian_Astur_Alvarez | Dec 3, 2019 |
  Adrian_Astur_Alvarez | Dec 3, 2019 |
A master baker's 300 favorite recipes for perfect every time bread from every kind of machine
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |

Beth Henspergerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Red Star Yeastsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
The bread machine.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,995,086 books! | Top bar: Always visible