My Life Next Door

by Huntley Fitzpatrick

When Samantha, the seventeen-year-old daugher of a wealthy, perfectionistic, Republican state senator, falls in love with the boy next door, whose family is large, boisterous, and just making ends meet, she discovers a different way to live, but when her mother is involved in a hit-and-run accident Sam must make some difficult choices.… (more)

Really enjoyed this. Characters were great. Not quite as good as Sarah Dessen's books, but very, very close. ( )
  tsmom1219 | Feb 24, 2022 |
I loved this book so much! ( )
  Lulu0917 | May 19, 2021 |
I read about this one a while back and finally bought it. I was not disappointed. It's a story of first love but it's so much more than that. The author touches on addiction, betrayal, politics, family dynamics and life not always going the way you planned. Can't wait for more from this author. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
Rating: 4.5/5

It was such a cute and lovely read! A toe-curling, pure, terribly sweet romance between Sam and Jase the boy-next-door, who were only seventeen, but so mature and strong; their relationship was the sweetest thing, and they looked and acted like normal teenagers. A nice change to all those angsty or fluffy teens you see in books these days.

I absolutely loved it, and I'll definitely read more of Huntley Fitzpatrick; please never stop writing! ( )
  Ash600 | Mar 19, 2021 |
I think this book was AMAZING!!!! I really did enjoy reading it. I think that some of it was kind of cheesy but it is still in my like top 20 books.(Which is gook because I read A LOT.) ( )
  L.A.S.889 | Oct 24, 2020 |
Samantha has spent her whole life in her large home, trying to be the opposite of her older sister and be the perfect daughter for her politician mother. But Samantha can’t help but watch the Garrett’s next door from her window. They are the one thing in the world she is forbade to associate with, per her mother’s instructions.

The Garrett family is loud, and there’s a new one every few years. Toys litter their yard, as do cars. And one night she is seen by Jase Garrett–who proceeds to climb the trellis and knock on her window. And then, seventeen year old Samantha Reed’s life begins. Suddenly, her private school education and country club membership mean little. She begins to realize that the world is larger than her home and her already planned life. And Jase’s kisses make her come alive.
added by gothamgal | editAlwaysReiding, Nicole Reid (Jan 4, 2014)

Huntley Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rubinate, AmyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Of course, to Colette Corry.
The words “best friend” will never say enough.
The Garretts were forbidden from the start.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,354,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible