The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth

The Day of the Jackal (original 1971; edition 2012)

by Frederick Forsyth

Member:pujaguha
Title:The Day of the Jackal
Authors:Frederick Forsyth
Info:NAL Trade (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 432 pages

The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth (1971)

The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth (longway)
    The Dogs of War by Frederick Forsyth (John_Vaughan)
    Phoenix by Amos Aricha (JohnWCuluris)
    JohnWCuluris: Similar plot--perhaps originally inspired by Jackal--with more detail and texture.
    The Deceiver by Frederick Forsyth (worldenough)
    Wolves in the City: The Death of French Algeria by Paul Henissart (John_Vaughan)
    Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household (ivan.frade)
    ivan.frade: About a man plenty of resources to dodge a powerful organization that tries to track him down.

English (62)  Dutch (3)  German (2)  Spanish (2)  Danish (1)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (71)
Whoa!
I am kicking myself to have not read this earlier. ( )
  pree00 | Mar 6, 2019 |
I loved every moment of it. Riveting from its inception to its rippling conclusion. A masterpiece of a thriller. DEFINITELY recommended. ( )
  DanielSTJ | Dec 18, 2018 |
Any details I give about this book will quaff the fun out of this engaging read, so I would stick to the literary basics. The author does very well in setting up the context in the first half and drives the reader to fast-paced action that follows. The Day of the Jackal is a captivating battle between two meticulous professionals, two experts of their trades on either side of the law. And finally, beneath all its action, drama and chases, it actually boils down to which of them is more disciplined about his work. At one point I did feel though one of the characters did something totally out of character, but I could attribute it to survival instinct. A must read thriller. ( )
  Varun.Sayal | Nov 15, 2018 |
Yea, not a bad read. ( )
  DannyKeep | Sep 28, 2018 |
Boring... I couldn't finish it. I got halfway through the book and had to put it down. So overrated. ( )
  VinceLaFratta | Sep 25, 2018 |

Forsyth, Frederickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hernández, RamónTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Niessen-Hossele, J.F.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Prebble, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tropea, MarcoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my Mother and Father
It is cold at 6:40 in the morning of a March day in Paris, and it seems even colder when a man is about to be executed by firing squad.
ISBN 0854565655 is the Reader's Digest condensed (abridged) version of the book.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553266306, Mass Market Paperback)

The Jackal. A tall, blond Englishman with  opaque, gray eyes. A killer at the top of his  profession. A man unknown to any secret service in the  world. An assassin with a contract to kill the  world's most heavily guarded man.

One  man with a rifle who can change the course of  history. One man whose mission is so secretive not  even his employers know his name. And as the  minutes count down to the final act of execution, it  seems that there is no power on earth that can stop  the Jackal.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:21 -0400)

A killer at the top of his profession, unknown to any secret service in the world, has a contract to kill French president Charles DeGaulle, one of the world's most heavily guarded men.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,097,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible