Firestorm by Iris Johansen

Firestorm (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Iris Johansen (Author)

For Kerry Murphy, the inferno is never far away. The flames of that long-ago night still burn in her nightmares: the heat, the choking smoke, the helplessness. She can never run fast enough... Now Kerry works as an arson investigator with her evidence-sniffing dog, Sam. Together they're a great team, but her life is about to change in the time it takes to strike a match. The deadly flames of her past are back, and from out of the ashes a stranger appears. Who is Silver? And why has he chosen her in the desparate race to find a killer determined to ignite hell on earth? Kerry and Silver may not have a chance against a psychopath as coldhearted as his method is red-hot. To save themselves and the innocent lives at stake, Kerry will have to do what she hoped she'd never have to do: fight fire with fire.… (more)
Member:Craiger007
Title:Firestorm
Authors:Iris Johansen (Author)
Info:Bantam (2004), Edition: Book Club Edition, 336 pages

Firestorm by Iris Johansen (2004)

This book was not as spectacular as I had expected. Liked the arsenist part, the race against the clock to catch him before he does a whole lot of damage.
What didn't impress me at all, was the romance part. It was really just like a Harlequin-book and that's not something I wanted to read in a book that's advertised as a thriller. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Oct 22, 2019 |
Firestorm is an intense read that is hard to put down and full of action and emotion. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
It was an okay book, the villain was really messed up which I enjoy in books but the one thing I did not care for was the physic element. I just don't really enjoy a book when it has a physic cop or in this case a fire inspector looking for a killer using physic ability, it's just to much like cheating to me. That and I believe all physics are fakes. ( )
  Sam-Teegarden | Jun 2, 2018 |
A romance mystery with paranormal element. I didn't like it. It was a romance of the minds but still using sex to sell books. ( )
  Kristelh | Nov 16, 2013 |
I. hated. this. book.
I read to page 28 and I honestly could not continue.
From what I've read the premise is this -- Kerry, the main female character, had a traumatic experience with fire as a kid and this now gives her psychic powers to tell when someone dies in a fire. Presumedly, because of these psychic abilities of hers a man is able to "enter her" and calm her and essentially save her from her own undoing.

I could not move beyond the "enter her" and "come out of her" without giggling like a boy in junior high during sex ed. I literally pissed people off because I tweeted about every single reference to entering and exiting her. I think I was told to grow up and stop reading it that way. I literally could not.

Just like I literally could not read another sentence from this HORRIBLE book. I will be putting it in the recycling bin to save anyone else from having to read it.

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Nov 5, 2013 |
Kerry ne pouvait plus respirer

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,214,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible