Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a…

Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life

by Beth Moore

Other authors: Dale McCleskey

Many women find Beth Moore's Bible studies wonderful. I found myself less thrilled with them. The study focused on a passage in the prophet Isaiah. Much of my problem with the book is stylistic. This felt more like a typescript of a speaking engagement in places than a book. It was overly familiar. I cannot fault her insights into God's Word, but the manner in which she presents it falls flat for me. I prefer for the writing to be leaner and more to the point. She includes the first and second person too much in the content for the style that works best for me. Most women will probably enjoy this study more than I did. ( )
  thornton37814 | Jan 11, 2019 |
This topical study on overcoming captivity focuses on Isaiah. Accompanying DVD sessions are approximately 45 minutes long. It's best for beginners and intermediate believers. Most of the material - content, response from group, questions - was good, while the practical application was excellent. (reviewed 4/19/2010, Rae Wilson)
  BBCHampdenLibrary | Jul 18, 2016 |
Amazing that Beth Moore can write a book on four lines of scripture, Isaiah 61:1-4. I have memorized this passage and it will forever be close to my heart. Overcoming a stronghold is powerful. Coming face to face with it may be hard, but once you face it and give it to God....well, you can probably write a book :-) I love Beth Moore and her candid speaking of how she has (and still is) overcome her obstacles. I learned my love for Bible Study from Beth Moore. She makes it a fun adventure. ( )
  slhayes | Jul 2, 2016 |
This study changed my life. The end. ( )
  redhedcatie | Feb 25, 2015 |
Group F
  gilsbooks | May 17, 2011 |

Beth Mooreprimary authorall editionscalculated
McCleskey, Dalesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life Trade Book

Do you want to know God and really believe Him? Do you want to find satisfaction in God, experience His peace, and enjoy His presence? Do you want to make the freedom Christ promised a reality in your daily life?

In Breaking Free, Beth Moore embarks on a study of selected passages from the Book of Isaiah, drawing several parallels between the captive Israelites and today's Christians, in order to show how to make freedom in Christ a daily reality. Moore teaches readers to remove obstacles that hinder freedom by identifying spiritual strongholds in their lives and overcoming them through the truth of God's Word—truth that will set us free.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:02 -0400)

Discover the victory of total surrender to God in Beth Moore's "Breaking Free".

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,547,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible