No Ordinary Family! by Ute Krause

No Ordinary Family!

by Ute Krause

145957,300 (4)None

English (4)  Spanish (1)  All languages (5)
Summary: A husband and wife leave each other and their kids struggle through what life is like with their new siblings after their dad remarries. This book explains through fantasy how families can still love each other and how they can work through even the toughest of disagreements.

Critique of Genre: Fantasy

Art Media: Painting

Age: Third ( )
  sbyington16 | Apr 18, 2017 |
This book is about a family of bandits. The mother and father begin to fight a lot and decide to separate. The kids start go back and forth to their parents’ houses. One day everything changes. The dad meets a princess and her and her children move in. None of the children get along at first, but they eventually learn to love each other. The mom eventually gets a dragon boyfriend with dragon children. The entire family eventually gets along and even has parties together. Ute Krause did a great job creating this book! He writes about problems that real families go through, which is different than your typical perfect family illusion most children’s books portray. I also really enjoyed the humor that this book contained! ( )
  cedoyle | Mar 3, 2016 |
Not what I was expecting when I picked it up. Very weird, in a sort of cute way. A story about blended families (blended in more than one way).
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Here's an imaginative and relatively quick read about a group of brothers and their eccentric parents.

On a personal note, reading ¿Cuándo se irán estos? was a humorous reminder for me of not seeing the forest for the trees. My Spanish language level is beginner enough that it takes a significant amount of my concentration just to decipher single words and sentences. At one point though I took a metaphorical step back, considered the story as a whole, and realized this book is a child's perspective what it's like to be shuttled between two households because your parents got a divorce. A modern family indeed. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Jul 29, 2013 |

In this humorous story about blended families, just as the little bandits are getting used to traveling between the homes of their separated parents, they find that a princess and her royal children are now living at their father's house. When they find out the little royals are there to stay, they concoct a plan to get rid of the unwelcome additions to the household.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,806,150 books! | Top bar: Always visible