Deadlocked

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Sookie Stackhouse (12)

Growing up with telepathic abilities, Sookie Stackhouse realized early on that there are things she'd rather not know. And now that she's an adult, she also realizes that some things she knows about, she'd rather not see--like Eric Northman feeding off another woman. A younger one. There's a thing or two she'd like to say about that, but she has to keep quiet--Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It's the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric's front yard--especially the body of the woman whose blood he just drank. Now it's up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl's fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who's set out to make Sookie's world come crashing down.… (more)

English (178)  Italian (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (180)
Much better than the previous book. It felt like it built up for a "finale" book exactly the way you would want to. There was lots of action, while still maintaining the plot and staying true to the character. ( )
  chelsea.carmanmoore | Jul 26, 2021 |
Was Good, Ending seemed a bit rushed but was quite an ending and leaves one looking forward to the next book.

DanJlaf | May 13, 2021 |
Decent fluff. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
I always enjoy it when I get to return to Bon Temps! While this isn't my favorite installment, I still enjoyed reading it. My favorite part about this series is Sookie. I find her very relatable despite the fact that she dates vampires and has to deal with faeries and other supernatural beings!

I like the ending of this book...can't wait to see how it plays out! ( )
  CASDonnelly218 | Feb 1, 2021 |
If it weren't for Harris giving her readers a nice little wrap up at the very end of the book, I'd have thought nothing major had happened. She gives a nice little tl;dr wrap up in the last few pages. Probably my least favorite of all. Makes me a little concerned about the grand finale - the 13th and final book in 2013. ( )
  amandanan | Jun 6, 2020 |

Harris, Charlaineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,499,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible