Tangle of Need

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling (11)

Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past--one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another. For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild attraction proves a losing battle. Their coming together is an inferno . . . and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.… (more)

5 stars for the romance between Riaz and Adria. 1 star for the rest of the book. I love this series for the most part but this one had some major problems for me. I get that the world is big but I really started this way back when as a paranormal romance series. This one felt very urban fantasy esque. The angsty story between Riaz and Adria was great but it was only about 1/5th or maybe 1/4th of the book. The rest was taken up with POV from people I didn't care about. Sure I loved Hawke and Sienna but they already had their book. Ditto Judd, Mercy etc., etc. I don't need so much POV from them or from or Kaleb or Vasquez or Ming or Aden or Vasic or Riley or Indigo and whoever else had face time here. Every time the story with Riaz and Adria got interesting we shifted to what the villains were doing. I know she's telling an overarching story but it consumed this book to the point that the romance was woefully shortchanged. Not to mention the fact that the over arching story is confusing and convoluted. I found myself skimming these sections just to get them over with. Maybe if she had concentrated on only one other POV? I didn't get my romance fix here sad to say. So I'll keep reading I suppose. I've invested so much in this series but really I'd rather they were more focused on the romance of the main couple. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
Appreciated the continuing world-building and developing series storylines; could not have cared less about the romance. This took forever to get through.... ( )
  slimikin | Mar 27, 2022 |
My twin sister has been telling me to read this series for years and despite liking the other Nalini Singh's I had read I never got around to reading it. After reading these books I can't imagine why I hesitated to read them ; they are really good. The story is fresh and original, the writing style is engaging and the characters are so well written that you truly get invested in their lives. I have enjoyed all the books in this series psy, changeling and human as they are all fascinating in their own way. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
- 3 Tangle of Need Stars -

Tangle of Need is book eleven in Nalini Singh Psy-Changeling series. I really do enjoy this series with it’s fantastically interesting characters, factions and magnificent world building. That being said Tangle of Need feel below par for me in that it felt more like a filler book then about the actual couple Adria and Riaz. I still enjoyed and devoured the book, but was not wowed.

I loved a lot about this book, but most of it felt like it was filler material and that we where learning more about other couples then the actual couple for this book Adria and Riaz. I had a hard time getting into Adria and Riaz. There relationship starts off rocky (which I have no problem with), but they never really did it for me. I did enjoy and think it was sweet how Riaz gave gift’s to attempt to get Adria to stay.

I have to say I love seeing past mated couples and learning what is happening with them. We find out that someone is pregnant. Oh that was fun to learn. I loved seeing into Hawke and Sienna’s relationship. Seeing this couple together and growing stronger, plus talking about the future was so heartwarming. I also loved learning about Patient A aka Alice. I can’t wait to see what happens to our little scientist that has been in a coma for a very long time.

Ms. Singh does such a wonderful job bring new things to life and keeping the plot of this series going. The new plot development in the Psy net is very interesting. Things are changing in the net mind and new and darker forces are coming into play. We also see more alliances forming and a civil war amongst the Psy.

Tangle of Need was a good read. I love reading about the SnowDancer’s and past characters. I'm intrigued to see what will happen in the next book.

Audio: I've been listening to the audio for the Psy-Changeling series. I skipped Tangle of Need. It's my least favorite in the series and one I felt didn't need to be, so I didn't do the audio. I will say the audio for the series has been spectacular so far. One of my favorite series to re-read.

Audio Update 2021: This time around I didn't skip this audio. I still don't care for the couple and I did fast forward during some of their scenes. I did enjoy all the other stuff. I think I understand this book more and why we visit with so many previous couples and characters. The Psy Net is changing as is the world and a war is coming.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
This book was very exciting in a variety of ways, one the relationship between Riaz and Adira, next the growth of Sienna and Hawke as the Alpha couple and third the Psy war on each other. This book definitely leads up to the inevitable war of the Psy breaking Silence, as Henry and the other Pure Psy people rage war on their own people, and the changelings and humans as well.

In this book Riaz a lone wolf decides to come back home to his pack, his den. Lonely and willful as he determines he is destined to be alone his entire life because his "mate" was already married and in love with her husband. Adria, a recently divorced/unmated wolf, is trying hard to maintain her strength as she suffers from the hurt of her failed marriage. Together these two strong but very hurt wolves make a deal to become lover's with no strings attached, but as time passes and with each encounter both of these wolves come to adore each other. To the point that no matter what crosses them they can't live without each other.

Meanwhile, Henry the ex-councilor lays burned and destroyed from the cold fire Sienna gave to the pure psy that attacke Snowdancer. His first in command Valesquez takes initiative with Henry's permission to continue what they've started to make a point that pure psy and silence is the way of the psy. And they do this by attacking Anchor's people who maintain the balance in the psynet. Some of the psy ex councilors contract the wolves and cats help with protecting these people. They make a start on countering the war attacks, but they all know the biggest part of it is still to come. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |

Singh, NaliniAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,835,333 books! | Top bar: Always visible