Divergent / Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Divergent / Insurgent (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth (Author)

Series: Divergent (2)

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.… (more)
Member:jessicadobson418
Title:Divergent / Insurgent
Authors:Veronica Roth (Author)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), 544 pages

Work Information

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

Recently added bykabauer126, Bibi_EFG, 021497s, LolaHome, fjmiklas, Staycalm, private library, choc96, Karyn70s
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (628)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (635)
¡SANGRIENTA MIERDA SAGRADA!
¿Qué diablos come Veronica Roth para escribir tan bien?? ¡Qué me lo den a mí también!! ¿Qué poner cuando algo te gustó tanto?? Estoy en pleno ataque FanGirl.

Al empezar nos encontramos con una Tris un poco inestable, no sabe si está peleando o intentando matarse.

Me gustó mucho el ritmo de la historia, es rápido. Lo leí por partecitas para que me durará mucho… al menos esa era fue la idea original, pero una vez que empiezas a leer simplemente no puedes parar ¿Algunas vez has visto una película donde te vas pegando más y más a la pantalla sin darte cuenta? ¿O dejado de respirar inconscientemente? Este libro me tenía así: pegaba más y más la pantalla de mi eReader hacía mi rostro, incluso no quería parpadear para no dejar de leer. Sí, un poco loco, bueno, bastante demente, pero es que...

Reseña Completa: El Extraño Gato del Cuento ( )
  Ella_Zegarra | Jan 18, 2022 |
I stated reading this book a little bit too close after reading The Maze Runner and got confused for a while. Both are high-adrenaline teen apocalypse stories. If I had known how close Maze Runner and Divergent were I wouldn't have read them so close together.

Insurgent is fast paced and you have a lot to keep track of to keep the story lines straight. In the end you realized that last few years of faction government has really screwed things up--a lot worse than the chaos of a "normal insurgency" warrant. I don't know how they are going to fix this. I need to read Allegiant. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
I feel like my 4-star ratings needs a "BUT..." to follow it. I probably should have only given 3-stars in reality...

I didn't like this as much as Divergent, but I did enjoy it. Parts of it I just LOVED. My biggest complaint is my frustration with Tris. It reminded me of how irritated I was with Harry in Order of the Phoenix. Part of me understands how a character can become so frustrating, but as a reader I just want to say, "GET OVER IT ALREADY. MOVE ON."

But - I let it slide a little because - you know - she's 16! She has dealt with a lot already in her life. I cut her some slack, even though she pissed me off several times.

I'm also not entirely sure that the information we got at the end of the book even FITS with the story to this point. Maybe because I don't have all the information yet, but when I put the book down I kept thinking, "Huh?" So --- I'm giving Roth the benefit of the doubt. I'm giving 4 starts because I'm assuming/hoping my confusion will be straightened out in the last book in the trilogy.

I loved getting to know the other factions. I loved the idea that many people grow up with biases inflicted upon them from their parents. Some hate Divergents, some hate other factions, and I liked that she showed the conflict in some of the characters at having to re-program themselves.

My most solid complaint comes from the weird handling of the Tobias/Tris dynamic. I'm not sure how we were supposed to interpret most of that. Not to spoil anything, but the journey their relationship took confused me greatly. I kinda just wish she had left their relationship alone, if that could have been possible. I actually felt confused about a lot of relationships. Did it not seem like a lot of people flip-flopped from good/bad through the entire book? I get that it's not right/wrong is not always clear, but did every character have to go from "Tris's Side" to "Against Tris" or vice versa? Can't some characters just stand their ground as "good" or "evil".

Eh. I don't know. Like I said, my gut falls more to the 3-star level but I'm giving Roth some slack because I'm hoping most of my confusion/complaints will be recsolved in the last book.
  KimZoot | Jan 2, 2022 |
I absolutely loved the first book in this series but the quality definitely went down with each subsequent book not to mention THAT ENDING!!!! I do find the world and characters created by Veronica Roth to be fresh, engaging, and well written. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I hate cliffhangers. Especially when you have to wait for a book to be puslished to know what happens next. Well, about Insurgent, I can say I was surprised in what concerns Tris's character. I felt like I got to know her better but at the same time she became more misterious. It was interesting to see how Tris coped with Will's death and how her relationship with Tobias developed. I have the feeling that everything became more clear regarding factions and the "outside".
All I can say now is: I need Allegiant, now! ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Czech Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

AR Level 5.0, 16 pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,007,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible