Seawitch by Kat Richardson

Seawitch

by Kat Richardson

2041285,865 (3.82)4

I really like her storytelling but sometimes it's difficult to follow her train of thought. She is very descriptive and detailed when describing scenes and characters and I like that. Some of her dialog seems a little strange to me and when she is describing the gray sometimes I cannot understand what she is trying to impart or describe. I liked this book and her others but I think sometimes her editor needs to polish it up a bit to make it more understandable. ( )
  bm2ng | Apr 9, 2019 |
I have been a fan of Kat Richardson since the release of the first Greywalker book. I have just two more in the series to read (Possession & Revenant).

Seawitch was a bit different than the other six I'd read. While I am used to ghosts and vampires, this installment was ... odd.

When a ship reappears after 27 years, without a crew or passengers, the insurance company Harper works for hires her to investigate. Detective Solis volunteers to look into possible crimes committed.

Was a possible sexual assualt at the center of it all? Either way, two very unique forces are set for war. Harper, Solis and Quinton have their work cut out for them.

Merfolk and dobhar-chi (otters) are set against ewch other. Missing boats, trapped souls and a bell that links everything together!

I enjoyed getting to "see" Det. Solis as more of a person, with a somewhat splintered past. He shows that he is trying to accept the unexplainable. It was refreshing!

And Harper ... just love her. Tough, but vulnerable. After having died for 2 seconds her time spent between realms is colorful, dangerous and compelling!

Phillip Tomasso
Author of Damn the Dead and Vaccination ( )
  ptom3 | May 2, 2015 |
The seventh book in the series starts with Harper working on an insurance case with the police and her favorite thorn in her side from the department is working on the same case as well. The the Guardian from the Grey wants her to work on the case but not in so many words. Turns out the ship has been missing in the Grey for 27 years with everyone onboard presumed dead. Of course there is more to the case than expected and I think the book can work almost as a stand alone since you don't need any real back story to enjoy this book. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Another great Harper Blaine story! Can't wait for the next book in the series. Thank you Kat Richardson! ( )
  RosanneE | Mar 14, 2014 |
My new favorite book of the series so far. I really enjoyed Solis and Blaine as a team in this particular novel. Beyond that, I feel like this is the first book where all of the characters were consistently settled into their own skins. I hope we see more of Solis in the future, as I find his character particularly likable. ( )
  JenLamoureux | Jan 5, 2014 |

Harper Blaine was your average small-time PI until she died—for two minutes. Now Harper is a Greywalker, treading the thin line between the living world and the paranormal realm. And she’s discovering that her new abilities are landing her all sorts of “strange” cases.

A quarter century ago, the Seawitch cruised away from her dock and disappeared with everyone on board. Now, the boat has mysteriously returned to her old berth in Seattle and the insurance company has hired Harper to find out what happened.

But Harper is not the only one investigating. Seattle Police Detective Rey Solis is a good cop, albeit one who isn’t comfortable with the creepy cases that always seem to end up in Harper’s lap. As they explore the abandoned vessel, Harper and Solis discover a cabin containing symbols drawn in human blood, revealing the ghost ship’s grave history.

As Solis focuses on the possible murder of a passenger’s wife, Harper’s investigation leads her to a powerful being who may be responsible for the disappearance of the Seawitch’s passengers and crew. And while their searches lead Harper and Solis in different directions, they will need to put aside their differences to solve a deadly mystery twenty-five years in the making…

When a boat that vanished twenty-five years prior returns to its old berth in Seattle with a cabin containing symbols drawn in human blood, Greywalker Harper Blaine investigates what happened to the ship's passengers and crew.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,777,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible