Barging In

by Josephine Myles

Out-and-proud travel writer Dan Taylor can't steer a boat to save his life, but that doesn't stop him from accepting an assignment to write up a narrowboat holiday. Instead of a change of pace from city life, though, the canal seems dull as ditchwater. Until he crashes into the boat of a half-naked, tattooed, pierced man whose rugged, penniless appearance is at odds with a posh accent.… (more)
2001-2100 (5) adult (5) boats (5) body-worship (5) character (5) cisgender (5) comfort (5) commitment (5) contemporary (7) ebook (9) England (6) erotic (5) explicit (5) fiction (6) gay (7) happy-for-now (5) hurt (5) instant (5) m/m (10) photographer (6) queer (5) romance (9) scars (5) secrets (5) setting (5) ships (5) theme (5) to-read (8) trust (5) trust-issues (5)

4.5 ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |
I don't give five stars out very much. In order to earn them a book needs to have five things.

1. It's so entertaining I can't wait to get back to it. Check
2. It's a great story, one I want to share. Check
3. It's told by a great story teller (you'd be surprised how many great stories are poorly told). Check.
4. I learned something new about the world and about how others live. Check.
5. The characters are well rounded and I'll miss them. Check.

This is truly a love story and I'll be looking for more by Josephine Myles.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |
There were parts that I really enjoyed, but I just couldn't get into it enough to finish it off. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
It is funny, but recently in the Goodread groups, there has been discussion on what is considered "cheating" and does it affect how you feel about the characters and author. I have found that just by coincidence, recent books have dealt with cheating in one form or other.

In this book, we have someone who is what we might call a play-boy (or so called slut), Dan, who is not one for commitment. He runs into Robin, literally and the fun ensues. Is Dan capable of being in a serious monogamous relationship?

I do not want to get into spoilers here, but if you are hard-core against any type of cheating, emotional or physical, this book is not for you. I however, was not bothered by it; to me it showed the character growth by the end of the book.

What did annoy me a bit (in both leads) was the avoidance of communication. Which, I am sure not all relationships have great communication, but at times it felt like the author just trying to put conflict into the story.

Overall, not a bad book or story. I did enjoy getting up on my Brit slang. :) Thank God for Shaun of the Dead, I actually could hear the accents in my head as I was reading this. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
2011 - Samhain Publishing
2017 - self publ.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,375,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible