dismiss

Zoya by Danielle Steel

Zoya (original 1988; edition 1989)

by Danielle Steel

Against the backdrop of the Russian Revolution and World War I Europe, Zoya, young cousin to the Tsar, flees St. Petersburg to Paris to find safety. Her entire world forever changed, she faces hard times and joins the Ballet Russe in Paris. And then, when life is kind to her, Zoya moves on to a new and glittering life in New York. The days of ease are all too brief as the Depression strikes, and she loses everything yet again. It is her career, and the man she meets in the course of it, which ultimately save her, as she rebuilds her life through the war years and beyond. And it is her family that comes to mean everything to her. From the roaring twenties to the 1980's, Zoya remains a rare and spirited woman whose legacy will live on.… (more)
Member:Emily25
Title:Zoya
Authors:Danielle Steel
Info:Dell (1989), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Rating:*****

Zoya by Danielle Steel (1988)

English (9)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (11)
I find some of her books to be hit-or-miss, but I absolutely loved this one. A Russian Countess, a few wars, it was all very well done. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
I really loved the characters in this story, Zoya stole my heart. I read it twice, by accident. I read it years ago and then picked it up at the library again last year. I was nearly through it when I realized why the characters were so familiar.

I do that often. Bad memory? Maybe. ( )
  ReneeMiller | Feb 25, 2016 |
This was my last Danielle Steel book, after being an avid fan and reader for years. With Zoya, however, I reached the "how-much-more-can-happen-to-one-person" level once and for all. Too much negative without the balance of positive throughout the book made it hard to swallow for me. Perhaps that's the point of her books. Maybe I just finally outgrew the Steel Formula. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
Night of Russian Rev. 20's t/ stock market crash Great Depression - struggle to go on
light - but good.

christinejoseph | Sep 28, 2015 |
Tras la devastación de la Revolución rusa y la Primera Guerra Mundial, Zoya, la joven prima del zar, vuela de San Petersburgo a París en busca de refugio. Su mundo ha cambiado para siempre, y tras pasar por terribles momentos, logra unirse al ballet ruso en París, con cuyo salario mantiene a su indómita abuela y a si misma. El amor aparece de nuevo cuando conoce al capitán Clayton Andrews, quien, cautivado por la joven aristócrata, se la lleva a Manhattan como su prometida. Sin embargo, ninguno de los dos imagina las penurias que deberán soportar durante los años de depresión que asolan Norteamérica.
1 vote gabiladino | Sep 4, 2015 |

Danielle Steelprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tahvanainen, LiisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zoya (1995IMDb)
Zoya closed her eyes again as the troika flew across the icy ground, the soft mist of snow leaving tiny damp kisses on her cheeks, and turning her eyelashes to lace as she listened to the horses' bells dancing in her ears like music.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,888,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible