HomeGroupsTalkExplore

The Master of Heathcrest Hall

by Galen Beckett

Series: The Mrs. Quent Trilogy (3)

12116200,514 (3.99)1 / 19
"Even as her husband is about to attain undreamed-of power, Ivy Quent fears for her family's safety. With war looming and turmoil sweeping the nation of Altania, Ivy finds the long-abandoned manor on the moors a temporary haven. But nowhere is really safe from the treachery that threatens all the Quents have risked to achieve. And an even greater peril is stirring deep within the countryside's beautiful green estates. As Ivy dares an alliance with a brilliant illusionist and a dangerous lord, she races to master her forbidden talents and unravel the terrible truth at the heart of her land's unrest--even as a triumphant, inhuman darkness rises to claim Altania eternally for its own"--… (more)

lgpb
  5083mitzi | Apr 3, 2021 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I had taken a very long time to read the second book in the series and kind felt less enthusiastic but then I reread the book (finished last night) and started and finished this book today and I'm very please.

This is the Ivy Lockwell trilogy and they really all need to be read together. Luckily all three are out now so if you want are wary of reading series before they are done - you can pick up book one secure in the knowledge that you will be able to lay your hands upon books 2 and 3 easily.

sumik | Jul 18, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wanted so badly to like this third book in the series, but I just couldn't.

It's dull and predictable. The first book had the clever homages to Austen and Bronte, but the continued series tries too hard. I still wish I'd liked it.

I received this book for free through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program. ( )
  PaperCrystals | Apr 18, 2013 |
Super! Like all the books in the series, this one start slowly and then speeds up like crazy. It got very exciting and there were quite a few revelations. Very good! ( )
  zjakkelien | Jan 4, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a great conclusion to this trilogy. A great blend of fantasy and victorian fiction Looking forward to more from this author Keeps you guessing who really is the bad guy and will the main character fall to evil with her powers.
  kcordes | Oct 7, 2012 |

Galen Beckettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heffernan, PhilCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

This is for all the witches, magicians, and illustionists who stand against the shadows in this world.
The people huddled in the cave as the wind shook the branches of the trees outside.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Galen Beckett's book The Master of Heathcrest Hall was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,813,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible