A Lamp in the Darkness: Illuminating the Path Through Difficult Times

by Jack Kornfield

With deep understanding and compassionate warmth, Jack Kornfield illuminates a safe-and sane-pathway through difficulty, as we explore practices created for times of crisis but applicable and useful throughout our daily lives: Equanimity and Peace-how to hold the sorrows and struggles of our world and our selves in balance while seeing the great peace behind it all.… (more)

French (1)  English (1)  All languages (2)
When the path ahead is dark, how can we keep from stumbling? How do we make our way with courage and dignity? "Inside each of us is an eternal light that I call 'the One Who Knows, ' writes Jack Kornfield. "Awakening to this wisdom can help us fin dour way through pain and suffering with grace and tenderness." For anyone seeking answer during a trying time, he offers "A Lamp in the Darkness," a book-and-CD program filled with spiritual and psychological insights, hope-giving stories, and guided meditations for skillfully navigating life's inevitable storms.

The practices in this book are not positive thinking, quick fixes, or simplistic self-help strategies. They are powerful tools for doing "the work of the soul" to access our inner knowing and to embrace the fullness of our life experience. With regularly practice these teachings and meditations enable you to transform your difficulties into a guiding light for the journey ahead. Join Jack Kornfeld as your trusted guide as you explore:

. Shared Compassion-a guided practice for planting the seeds of compassion and opening the heart to all that life brings
. The Earth Is My Witness-a meditation to establish firm footing in the midst of darkness, centered by a steady witnessing presence
. The Practice of Forgiveness-what Jack calls "the only medicine that can release us from the past and allow us to truly begin anew."
. The Temple of Healing-a guided visualization to meet our own inner healer
. Equanimity and Peace-a meditation for maintaining balance and acceptance regardless of the situation

Just as it is certain that each life will include suffering, explains Kornfield, it is also true that in every moment there is the possibility of transcending your difficulties to discover the heart's eternal freedom. With A Lamp in the Darkness, he offers you a beacon for yourself and others until joy returns again.
  PSZC | Jan 2, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,512,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible