InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook by…

InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Martha Hopkins (Author)

Organized by type of aphrodisiac, this playful cookbook covers 19 sensual foods, ranging from traditional favorites like oysters and strawberries to lesser-known but just as potent foods such as pine nuts and asparagus. Including histories of aphrodisiacs, couples' anecdotes, and tantalizing photography, this 10th-anniversary edition of this beautiful and innovative cookbook features more than 55 new, couple-tested recipes and a completely revised appendix.… (more)
Member:nvkiki
Title:InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook
Authors:Martha Hopkins (Author)
Info:Terrace Publishing (1997), 144 pages

InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook by Martha Hopkins (1997)

I really enjoy this cookbook for many reasons. The photographs are beautiful and inspiring and the anecdotes are great. The recipes are mainly good, I haven't come across anything that was super amazing, but I like that the focus is on how you cook it and the mood, not just the food. To me how you cook a meal influences how it will be eaten and digested, and this brought that across. ( )
  indiefishsteak | Mar 31, 2013 |
A sexy coffee-table-type cookbook, full of clean artful design and glisteningly delicious food and people. ( )
  Rubygarnet | Mar 14, 2012 |
Not only does this book have some really delectable recipes, it has recipes that work. I don't mean that you can actually make them... that is a given... I mean that they are aphrodisiac.

My girlfriend asked me out on our first date after I cooked the artichoke bruschetta, and prior to that, I had company in my bedroom the night I fed a girl the lavender basil grilled scallops.

It could be my charming personality, but I think that it was the food.
2 vote grady.cameron | Sep 19, 2007 |
This cookbook is separated by the main ingredient: strawberries, salmon, sparragus, etc.

The recipes are interesting and unusual.
So far, I have made:
-Strawberry Pasta: 3.5 stars.

I'll add more as we make more courses. ( )
  matos.ca.07 | May 29, 2007 |
I had a request for a "cookbook review." It is a pleasure to comply with the book "InterCourses." The book is a visual feast - anyone not left gaping after looking at the picture illustrating "Avocado" is simply no longer living. And "Rosemary" - would I ever have the nerve to dress up in nothing but rosemary? Not if I looked like the model in this book. And do you really want to miss the model wearing nothing but a hula skirt made out of asparagus? The write-ups accompanying the recipes are delightful. An example: "As the skewer penetrated the goodies, Laurel became more involved with cooking than ever before. She couldn't stand it as I slowly, ritually skewered the plump scallops next to the slippery-slick hearts of the artichoke." And after all this, what about the recipes? French Toast Baked in Honey-Pecan Sauce ("puffed clouds of ecstacy"), Herbed Risotto (with heavy cream and parmesan cheese) ("Try this recipe with some wine, bread, and candlelight. It worked for us."), Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce ("fiery taste, entertaining to roll") - it's all good. It's all fattening. But presumably, it all inspires post-prandial exercise. (JAF)
1 vote nbmars | Apr 14, 2007 |
Aphrodisiac
The world itself almost seems magical. On first glance, it conjures up images of Spanish fly, powdered Rhino horn, and other strange, exotic ingredients mean to wield power over unsuspecting souls.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,711,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible