Kiki Strike: The Darkness Dwellers (2013)

by Kirsten Miller

Series: Kiki Strike (3)

While Kiki Strike is in Paris trying to stop her evil cousin, the princess Sidonia, from all sorts of terrible deeds, it is up to Ananka and the other Irregulars help Kiki find the cure for baldness, foil the evil plans of Oona's twin, and keep Ananka herself from falling in love with wrong young man.… (more)

I had given up all hope of this book ever existing! The long wait really boosted my expectations, so of course I didn't like it as much as the first two. It felt a little forced, and the characters weren't as strong as they seemed in the other books. It's worth reading for Kiki fans, and hopefully if there's a fourth book, it'll have more heart. ( )
  kamlibrarian | Dec 23, 2022 |
The Irregulars are finally back for their third adventure, this one split between NYC and Paris. Kiki heads to her native land only to be kidnapped enroute. One of the Irregulars makes it to Paris to help her, and along the way we enter the underground world of Paris rather than that of NYC. In the meantime, Oona has problems with her twin while they're also working to help Kiki from their end.

I'm not sure if I liked this one less because I waited so long and have moved on in my y/a reading tastes or if it's not as good. My daughter said it was as good. ( )
  Karin7 | Jan 20, 2016 |
I absolutely love the style of the Kiki Strike books - the narrator mixed with helpful hints, mixed with a cohesive story. The characters are great, the style is fun, the story is convoluted but enjoyable. ( )
  ibugg | Jan 25, 2015 |
Another great addition to the Kiki Strike series! Hopefully not the last, though some loose ends are indeed tied up. Will definitely pick up another one if/when it comes out. ( )
  Tahleen | Feb 16, 2014 |
Kiki sets off for Pokrovia to find proof that her aunt murdered her parents. But before she can reach Pokrovia, she is kidnapped when her plane stops in Paris to refuel. So Betty hurries to Paris to rescue Kiki.

Meanwhile back in New York, Ananka tries to lead the rest of the Irregulars while dealing with a forbidden crush. Oona's evil twin is shoplifting and dining and dashing all over Chinatown and getting Oona in trouble. DeeDee is being stalked by a middle-aged blond lady.

This book is split equally between the Irregulars in New York and Kiki and Betty in Paris, but it is Betty who is the star of the book. Betty, who is the sweetest and most trusting of the Irregulars, proves that you can be nice and be dangerous at the same time. ( )
  soraki | Dec 8, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

There are plenty of impatient people in this world who will pick up a book and thumb past its preface.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,251,626 books! | Top bar: Always visible