A Very Vampy Christmas

by Kerrelyn Sparks

Series: Love at Stake (2.5)

Maggie O'Brien is thrilled when she lands a starring role on the Digital Vampire Network's hottest soap opera, As the Vampire Turns. Doesn't hurt that her leading man is Don Orlando de Corazon, the greatest lover in the vampire world! But who is Don Orlando really? Nobody knows, not even Don Orlando. As the couple sets out in search of his mysterious past, "home for the holidays" takes on a new meaning when the recently-turned vamp discovers his own Christmas miracle.… (more)

A Very Vampy Christmas is a novella that is contained within the “Love At Stake” series and I had so much fun with this book here. Now I don’t know how I had missed this novella all of these years and was shocked to see it when I was browsing through my local library selection but there it was and I had realized that I hadn’t read it and so I instantly grabbed it up. And I have to say one….it was fantastic to be able to get swept away into this wonderful world and oh my do I miss it so much. There are so many fun moments and characters that this author has created within this world. And this novella was so different from what I was expecting it to be but what a humorous ride this author takes us on.

A Very Vampy Christmas begins with two actors in a romantic movie that are on a film set. Maggie O’Brien has always been attracted to a fellow vampire and movie star….Don Orlando. And on the surface he seems to be infamous and well known among all vamp women. But when Maggie starts to dig deeper into Don Orlando she begins to discover that this man has so many depths including a deep secret he hasn’t shared with anyone….he has amnesia since he was turned. He doesn’t even know if he even has family around or left anyone behind. So as Maggie and Orlando go on a search for the truth behind his amnesia and the location of his family, a love blossoms between the two.

A Very Vampy Christmas was so cheesy LOL But I have to say it had its own level of charm to it. At first I was a bit blown back by the dialogue, because its almost cringe worthy but as you read more and more you start to find yourself entertained with every page. I loved seeing these two go on a such journey together of discovery. There is a Christmas setting to this story and even though it wasn’t as prominent through the story as I would have wished for, it was a nice interlude.

Overall I found A Very Vampy Christmas to be a delightful quick read that entertained me and if you are a fan of the series, definitely grab this one up here. ( )
  addictofromance | Dec 18, 2020 |
This was a very short, cute little addition to the series. It was interesting to read about a vampire with such a human affliction. I literally laughed out loud at parts, especially meeting Pierce's family. Good to see Maggie find happiness. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Fast paced, fun read. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Pensé que iba a ser diferente, me sorprendió bastante el abrupto cambio de personalidad de Don Orlando y un poco me decepcionó que se perdiera el humor cínico del principio.
Resultó ser una historia más seria de lo que esperaba, todo pasa bastante rápido (logico, relato corto) y la infaltable historia de amor queda bastante apresurada y sin desarrollo. No hubiese sido un mal argumento para un libro más largo.

Y cuando lo terminé, me quedé pensando en el título. Si nombraron la navidad 4 veces es mucho. De todos modos se disfruta, es entretenida y se lee muy rápido. ( )
  outlanders22 | Sep 21, 2013 |
*** 2½ stars *** ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
"It's over, Don Orlando."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,815,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible