Mary Lincoln: Wife and Widow

by Carl Sandburg, Paul M. Angle

472430,950 (3)None
Many of the earliest books, particularly those dating back to the 1900s and before, are now extremely scarce and increasingly expensive. We are republishing these classic works in affordable, high quality, modern editions, using the original text and artwork.

This was the only biography of Mary Lincoln my library owns. I chose to give up on it today. I read the actual story line the author wrote (which had some interesting choices in terms of what to focus on) but then the last half of the book were the letters she used as her sources. I couldn't bring myself to read all of that, especially when I have so many other books on my plate. I'd love to hear if anyone knows of a better Mary Lincoln biography. ( )
  scote23 | Mar 30, 2013 |
The biography of Americais most tragic First Lady by one of Americais most distinguished biographers and poets. A haunting portrait of an enigmatic life, written with a style and sensitivity that are both sympathetic and unflinching. (amazon.com)
  CollegeReading | Jun 11, 2008 |

Carl Sandburgprimary authorall editionscalculated
Angle, Paul M.main authorall editionsconfirmed

Legacy Library: Carl Sandburg

Carl Sandburg has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Carl Sandburg's legacy profile.

See Carl Sandburg's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,276,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible