Morning Glories Volume 02: All Will Be Free

by Nick Spencer, Joe Eisma (Illustrator)

Other authors: Jade Dodge (Editor), Rodin Esquejo (Cover artist), Johnny Lowe (Letterer), Alex Sollazzo (Colorist)

Series: Morning Glories (7-12)

Collecting the second story arc of the smash series in one volume. Learn (some) of the secrets in the Glories'' lives as we delve into their pasts and see how it affects their present. Each chapter focuses on a different Glory while maintaining the narrative and moving the mystery forward. Each of the six Glories (Zoe, Hunter, Jun, Jade, Ike, and Casey) are spotlighted, revealing secrets of their past and questions about their future.… (more)

Wow...okay. This one was really good. But now there's a ton of stuff on the table and lots of puzzle pieces missing and I am getting really anxious about what is happening...but that is probably the point. I am still in love with the way this story is told and how the authors and illustrators use the format. The art itself isn't my favorite -don't get me wrong it's good- but the storytelling is absolutely on point. ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
Morning Glories, Volume 2: All Will Be Free picks up following the events of the first volume, For a Better Future, and shifts focus from the larger events to tell focused stories exploring each of the new arrivals' backstories. There are threads that link these stories back to the larger narrative, but Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma use these flashbacks to help establish the characters' identities, why they were chosen to attend the academy, and to set up future events. If you enjoyed volume 1, you will like this, too. ( )
  DarthDeverell | Mar 3, 2016 |
Still hooked up in this thrilling book. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
This was a pleasant read, as I have found this entire series to be. It is full of murder, intrigue, and mystery. All the things I love about a story!! ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
The second arc of Morning Glories takes a slightly different direction than I was expecting. In these six issues, we get more student backstories (and one bit of a staff member's, which does help lead the narrative along ever so slowly). If you weren't sure this school was packed full of basketcases before, you will be after these six issues. But these characters are still pulling the story along. I'm hoping the next arc will start giving us a few answers, even if they come with more questions.

Many reviewers have made analogies to the TV show Lost, but I'm worried it will turn out more like Heroes -- decent characters, convoluted plot, and then no resolution at the end. (Hello, Sojourn.)

-------------------------------------------
LT Haiku:
Brothers and killers --
stories of strange boarding school --
and a bad first date. ( )
1 vote legallypuzzled | Aug 11, 2013 |

Brothers and killers --

stories of strange boarding school --

and a bad first date.

(legallypuzzled)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,397,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible