Naruto, Volume 06: The Forest of Death

by Masashi Kishimoto

Series: Naruto (6)

"Through Naruto's pluck and a healthy dose of luck, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura passed the written portion of their Journeyman Ninja Selection Exams ... but that was only the beginning. They're now in the thick of the exam's second portion, help in the aptly named Forest of Death, and instructor Mitarashi Anko has promisd to cut the number of advancing teams by half! Each team is turned against the others, using stealth and cunning to purloin the scrolls they need to pass the test while trying to survive the forest's many perils. And if that's not enough, there's a mysterious imposter among the students who has it in for Sasuke!"--Cover.… (more)

Orochimaru's entrance. What a fantastically creepy villain, and what an awesome nostalgia moment for me.

We also get to see team 7's genin fail, stand back up, shine, and eventually fall again. I love these rough patches. When these guys shine, they really shine hard. Sasuke was good, Naruto was better, but when Sakura decides that she's had enough, my heart really soars.

Sakura is kinda weak and only a little funny in all the manga that came before, being technically good but low in spirit.

That changes here, and how beautiful it is. :) ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
This was the last volume I had bought and read years back, before I started collecting again in the past month.

Acknowledgement of Sakura's draining presence on the team, and some character development for her. Still one of my least favorite characters, though, even if the fact that she's not much of a fighter and really only has her book smarts to go on makes her a more relatable character than many of the others.

Hinataaaa. ( )
  Octjillery | May 5, 2020 |
This volume finds the series hitting full charge as we learn more about the main cast and their dispositions and natures. After catching a few episodes of the anime last year I put Naruto in the same category of Dragonball Z, a category not too much in polish in my eyes, but I found myself happily wrong and so far enjoying this series as I continue reading it. Naruto is action, it has comedy that catches you off guard when it appears, and it has originality. It also has a lead character that is not perfect in any way but no matter what is focused on his goals.

C. ( )
  hangofwednesday | Dec 23, 2008 |
And so the team start the second part of their ninja selection test. The dynamic art and witty script enhance a story of love, loyalty, and conflict. ( )
  TheoClarke | Jul 29, 2008 |
I started reading Naruto in 2006 around November . If your the type who likes Ninja action . I would recommend this to those who are 13+ . I have to give this title a 5 1/2 star rate. ( )

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,492,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible