Hunted by Kevin Hearne

Hunted

by Kevin Hearne

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles (6)

Recently added byPepperSven, tintin1960, private library, Sphbrock, LKCndaz, hazmatt, jimpike69, libraryhound

English (32)  German (2)  All languages (34)
Hunted is the sixth in The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. It's the book where Atticus, Granuiale and Oberon make a mad dash across Europe in an effort to out run two Goddesses of the Hunt: Diana and Artemis. Yeah, that's basically it for the plot.

I'm not quite sure what to say about the series at this point. The books are silly and funny, with Oberon continuing to be my favorite character, but starting to feel highly repetitive. Atticus doesn't have much in the way of character growth and is apparently unkillable at this point, which takes away some of the tension of the story. I enjoyed getting to see things from Granuiale's perspective. I am genuinely intrigued by what happened in the epilogue that I'll likely pick up book seven at some point. ( )
  Narilka | Sep 7, 2019 |
Being hunted makes changes folks, I didn't always like the choices they made while being hunted but I did understand them and appreciated that they took steps to make it right. Sometimes Granuaile's voice sounds so similar to Atticus' it took a paragraph or two to realize the perspective had changed, which interrupted the flow of reading sometimes but the story was compelling and I couldn't put it down until the last pages were read.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I do not really know what to write about this book that I have not already written in my reviews of the previous five books in this series. The dialog, especially with Oberon, can be quite funny although that is now quickly getting old. Atticus childish and immature behavior, which is not at all what one would expect from a two-thousand year old druid and which was a minus from the start, is really getting old. All the various gods are pretty much made into assholes, criminals, pedophiles and anything else the author can find to throw at them and that is not only getting old but is plain annoying to read.

I have to confess that I more or less speed-read through some parts of the book because I was so fed up with all the unintelligent nonsense so I might have missed some details but I doubt that I missed something I personally would have found worth reading. If you like reading comic magazines in book form you might like these books. To me this series have turned too much into a disappointment and I think I will stop after this book or at the very least make a very long pause.
  perjonsson | Jun 10, 2019 |
hmmm...this took me a lot longer than it normally takes me to listen to a story of my favorite Iron Druid. There were too many objectives in the story. Make sure Granuaile is happy, keep me healthy enough to bring people back to life, make Oberon happy. All this while fighting off the Olympians and their team of followers. I kept getting confused about where I was in the book...Colorado, Ireland, Greece? And I am really questioning Granuaile's part becoming bigger. I just don't know. :( ( )
  whybehave2002 | Apr 27, 2019 |
Atticus, Oberon and Granuaile are still loose in Europe, being chased by Artemis and Diana. How they got into that situation is the topic of the previous 2 books, so if that doesn't sound familiar to you, it would be best if you at least read books 4 and 5 of the series first.
Atticus is his usual wise-guy self and Oberon is even more of a jokester. The conversations between the three of them are often the best parts of these books. As is usual by now with these books, they are still in conflict with one pantheon or another and the vampires. I don't mind that part at all!
These books are amusing, fun to read and good entertainment. Not great fantasy but fun. ( )
  Karlstar | Jun 4, 2018 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the Confederacy of Nerds:
AK, Barushka, Alan, Tooth,
and Pilot John
It's odd how when you feel safe you can't think of that thing it was you kept meaning to do, but when you're running for your life you suddenly remember the entire list of things you never got around to doing.
Depression is a place that you have a key but you don't look for it.
Great Big Bears! (Oberon)
There are trees to pee on and tiny animals to chase! (Oberon)

For a 2,000-year-old Druid, Atticus O’Sullivan is a pretty fast runner. Good thing, because he’s being chased by not one but two goddesses of the hunt - Artemis and Diana - for messing with one of their own. Dodging their slings and arrows, Atticus, Granuaile, and his wolfhound Oberon are making a mad dash across modern-day Europe to seek help from a friend of the Tuatha Dé Danann. His usual magical option of shifting planes is blocked, so instead of playing hide-and-seek, the game plan is...run like hell.

Crashing the pantheon marathon is the Norse god Loki. Killing Atticus is the only loose end he needs to tie up before unleashing Ragnarok - AKA the Apocalypse. Atticus and Granuaile have to outfox the Olympians and contain the god of mischief if they want to go on living - and still have a world to live in.

Two-thousand-year-old druid Atticus O'Sullivan, Granuaile and the wolfhound Oberon race across modern-day Europe to try to escape the clutches of Olympian goddesses Artemis and Diana and the Norse god of mischief, Loki.

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,010,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible