The Elements of Fucking Style by Chris Baker

The Elements of Fucking Style (edition 2011)

by Chris Baker (Author)

The truth about English is that it can get pretty boring. Dangling modifiers, gerunds, punctuation marks--it's enough to make you want to drop out of high school. Swearing and sex on the other hand, well, these time-honored pastimes warm the cockles of our hearts. Now,The Elements of F*cking Style drags English grammar out of the ivory tower and into the gutter, injecting a dull subject with a much-needed dose of color. This book addresses everything from common questions ("What the hell is a pronoun?") to philosophical conundrums ("Does not using paragraphs or periods make my thesis read like it was written by a mental patient?"). Other valuable sections include: *All I've got in this world are my sentences and my balls, and I don't break 'em for nobody *A colon is more than an organ that gets cancer *Words your bound to f*ck up One glance at your friend's blog should tell you everything you need to know about the sorry state of the English language. This book gives you the tools you need to stop looking like an idiot on message boards and in interoffice memos. Grammar has never before been so much f*cking fun.… (more)
Member:MariaLW
Title:The Elements of Fucking Style
Authors:Chris Baker (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), 96 pages

The Elements of F*cking Style: A Helpful Parody by Chris Baker

This is like the Strunk & White for real people. Nasty, filled with swearing and dirty words, but completely accessible and understandable.
Thanks to this "Elements," I can move from a weak sentence to a strong one. Of course, I have to remember some weird drug/sex example to do so, but the point is I *can* remember their example! ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
A waste of time. ( )
  Stronghart | Jul 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,213,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible