Mr. Darcy's Bite by Mary Simonsen

Mr. Darcy's Bite (edition 2011)

by Mary Simonsen (Author)

Mr. Darcy has a secret... Darcy is acting rather oddly. After months of courting Elizabeth Bennet, no offer of marriage is forthcoming and Elizabeth is first impatient, then increasingly frightened. For there is no denying that the full moon seems to be affecting his behavior, and Elizabeth's love is going to be tested in ways she never dreamed... Darcy has more than family pride to protect: others of his kind are being hunted all over England and a member of Darcy's pack is facing a crisis in Scotland. It will take all of Elizabeth's faith, courage, and ingenuity to overcome her prejudice and join Darcy in a Regency world she never knew existed. Praise for The Perfect Bride for Mr. Darcy: "Simonsen spins off another superior Jane Austen homage." -Publishers Weekly "Engrossing and delightful...Simonsen takes quite an intriguing approach." -Rundpinne "A fast-reading, engaging style...brings a new and enjoyable immediacy to Jane Austen's most popular novel." -Linda Banche Romance Author "Creative, well-paced, and definitely diverting." -Austenprose… (more)

With this Pride and Prejudice sequel we start after the marriages of Lydia and Jane. And with Darcy being a visitor at Longbourn over a six month period. This is the story of Darcy telling Elizabeth his most guarded secret, (known only to those few of his family) and how she reacts.
Werewolves in any form is not a usual story for me and the trilogy by Ms Simonsen is probably the first.
An interesting story but I expect there will not be many more than I will read. ( )
  Vesper1931 | Jul 29, 2021 |
An easy page turner. The words and the story weren't forced at all.

I enjoyed reading "Mr Darcy's Bite" ( )
  DaffiMere | Oct 1, 2016 |
The blurb did have me thinking that someone was after werewolves and that there would be danger and so on. But there was not anything like that in this book. No, this book is about Darcy and Lizzie being in love, but Darcy never proposes. Something is wrong and Lizzie is growing restless. He obviously likes her so what is the matter?!

This is where the drama comes in, he is a werewolf and of course she is shocked to learn the truth. Who would not be? She is not really prepared for anything like this so there is a shaky times when she tries to come term with it, and then there is another lady who wants Darcy too. Which brings some extra tension to the book. But we all know they will end up together, that is always promised.

Honestly, yes I can see Darcy as a werewolf. That explains somethings in a way and it just fits him. Especially when we get to see him as a wolf, there is just a playful side to him that does not always come out when he is human. He is just a great alpha.

It was another sweet book. They got to know each other, there were a few misunderstandings, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Conclusion:
If you want something extra in your JA variation then go for this one, you will love Mr. Darcy as a werewolf. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
My first reaction to Austen stories with paranormal elements is honestly a skeptic one however Mr. Darcy's Bite has completely changed my mind. This is an excellent mix of the two. It is very believable and after reading one chapter I was hooked. The author has kept a true likeness to the existing characters that we love and has introduced some new and wonderful characters as well as keeping the essence of the love story between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
I liked this way more than I expected to. Mr. Darcy turns into a werewolf... and the writing isn't completely ridiculous! Well done! ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,486,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible