The Big Cat Nap: The 20th Anniversary Mrs. Murphy Mystery

by Rita Mae Brown, Sneaky Pie Brown

"When a series of inexplicable car accidents are attributed to driver error, Harry Harristeen knows that something is amiss. Together with her intrepid team of feline, canine, and equine helpers, she begins to investigate."--

It was great when she actually dealt with clues to the mystery. I also enjoyed the character development and interaction. ( )
  DonnaRowe | Jun 30, 2020 |
Surprisingly pretty good! After years of political rants wrapped in terrible plots, I'm happy to read a book that reminds me of the early days in the series. I might start buying the hardcovers again. ( )
  eclecticlibrarian | Nov 3, 2015 |
A real disappointment. Poorly written with stuttered flow. Not what you usually expect from Rita. ( )
  Jamie_Cawley | Jan 25, 2015 |
this was an incredibly mediocre book and proof that rita needs to stop writing this series and go on to something else. too preachy and who gives a damn about cars is my opinion and it took a lot to get thru it. what got me thru it was the cat conversations--that is ALL! ( )
  hklibrarian | Jan 1, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have read every book in this series and enjoyed all of them. The Big Cat Nap keeps up the tradition of quality writing. And it does so with only some of the unnecessary, rather biased and somewhat obnoxious politics that has seeped into the last several books. Something else that's different is that in this story the animals don't play as integral part in solving the mystery as they have in past books.

If you've never read any Rita Mae Brown books the Squeaky Pie Brown books are a good place to start, although I suggest you start with the first book since the stories build on each other with each successive book. The stories are engaging and interesting and sometimes you learn things. In this book I learned about the difference between genuine auto parts and after market parts. Yeah, it doesn't sound that interesting just reading that sentence, but it totally make sense in the context of the story, and the explanations were actually quite interesting.

Anyway, I really like Rita Mae Brown and was thrilled to get this book and read it. I wasn't disappointed. If you like interesting characters, animals, and good mysteries, you'll really enjoy this series and this book! Ms. Brown has a way of drawing you into the city of Crozet and making you care about the people who live there. I wish I could visit and meet them. I can't wait for the next book!
  drsyko | Aug 15, 2012 |

Rita Mae Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, Sneaky Piemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Dedicated to

Mrs. Harriet Phillips, Ph.D.

A Smith graduate, a wonderful mother,
and a steadfast friend.
I don't know what I'd do without her.
A red-shouldered hawk, tiny mouse in her talons, swooped in front of the 2007 Outback rolling along the wet country road.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,434,406 books! | Top bar: Always visible