I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson

I, Michael Bennett (edition 2013)

by James Patterson (Author)

6221915,644 (3.98)14
Member:buffalogr
Title:I, Michael Bennett
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Vision (2013), Edition: Reprint, 416 pages
Collections:Overdrive
Rating:***

I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All (19)
The 5th installment of the Michael Bennett series. Our hero busts a drug lord who comes after him and his family--that's the plot. Good story, but the ending was either a cliff-hanger with the story to be finished in a sequel, or it was the end of the Michael Bennett series. I wish I knew which. ( )
  buffalogr | Jun 19, 2017 |
The 5th instalment of the Michael Bennett series. This time, Michael busts a big time South America crime lord Perrine and gets him thrown into jail. However Perrine operates from inside the prison, as you would expect and still runs things. Anywho, long story short, Perrine busts out jail puts hits out on Michael and his family. Michael is trying to catch this killer and drugs lord again. And then the book ends, randomly - sort of, just like that. And I'm a bit like WTF?? Where's the rest of my f-ing book?

So off I go to hunt around my house searching for the next instalment. This is disappointing from Patterson as you don't actually get a full story. Its basically half the story. I borrowed this from the library so I don't feel too ripped up, just sad disappointment! ( )
  Nataliec7 | May 11, 2017 |
  ajlewis2 | Feb 24, 2016 |
Quick review: I enjoyed the first 3 books. 4th was still good, but I felt the series was taking a turn for the worse. Here's book 5, and while there were entertaining parts, I feel it was lacking. There's only so many times you can read the same story formula. I also feel like, by now, Bennett should have his act together and realize the bad guys will go after him and his family. He was blindsided a few too many times for a man with his past experiences.

Still a fast "entertaining" read, but there's not much making me want to pick up the next book this time around...especially with the ending of this one (see spoiler if you want to know the type of ending).

This book ends in a cliffhanger. WHY? Four books before it and all pretty much wrapped the story up, while keeping it going for Bennett to fight another day, another bad guy. This one dragged on too much to the point where I see this cliffhanger as just being a way to sell book 6. I don't know, just doesn't fit the series for me. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 15, 2015 |
Really really good book, not sure who i like best Bennett or Cross. Can't wait to read the next instalment ( )
  Tony2704 | Apr 12, 2015 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ledwidge, Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To the people of the most beautiful city on the
Hudson, one of the most beautiful rivers in the
world. Live in Peace.

For Bob Hatfield, Mick Fescoe, and the rest of the
gang from St. Patrick's.
Starting to gasp as she climbed the increasingly steep slope of the tangled hiking trail, Mary Catherine was about to take a breather when the tree line opened.

Detective Michael Bennett arrests an infamous crime lord who vows to get to rain epic violence down upon New York City--and to get revenge on Michael Bennett. To escape the chaos, Bennett takes his ten kids and their beloved nanny, Mary Catherine, on a vacation to his family's cabin near Newburgh in upstate New York. But instead of finding the happy town he remembers from his youth, Bennett steps into an urban nightmare of warring gangs. Now Bennett is torn between protecting his hometown and saving New York City. And when beautiful prosecutor Tara McLellan comes to Bennett's aid, she endangers his relationship with Mary Catharine--even as a a cunning, cold-blooded killer closes in on him...

Police officers shot

Detective Michael Bennett arrests an infamous Mexican crime lord in a deadly chase that leaves Bennett's lifelong friend Hughie McDonough dead. From jail, the prisoner vows to rain epic violence down upon New York City-and to get revenge on Michael Bennett.

Judges murdered

To escape the chaos, Bennett takes his ten kids and their beautiful nanny, Mary Catherine, on a much-needed vacation to his family's cabin near Newburgh, New York. But instead of the calm and happy town he remembers from growing up, they step into a nightmare worse than they could have ever imagined. Newburgh is an inferno of warring gangs, and there's little the police-or Bennett-can do to keep the children safe.

Target: Michael Bennett

As violence overwhelms the state, Bennett is torn between protecting his hometown and saving New York City. A partner in his investigations, federal prosecutor Tara McLellan, brings him new weapons for the battle-and an attraction that endangers his relationship with Mary Catherine. A no-holds-barred, pedal-to-the-floor, action-packed novel, I, Michael Bennett is James Patterson at his most personal and most thrilling best.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:14 -0400)

Detective Michael Bennett takes his family to upstate New York in an effort to escape a lawless crime wave erupting in Manhattan only to find themselves immersed in another nightmare, one that endangers his relationship with his wife.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,221,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible