The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia,…

The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 7) (original 1956; edition 2000)

by C. S. Lewis, Pauline Baynes (Illustrator), Harpercollins Publishers Ltd. (Reader)

When evil comes to Narnia, Jill and Eustace help fight the great last battle and Aslan leads his people to a glorious new paradise.
Member:LisaAnneNisula
Title:The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 7)
Authors:C. S. Lewis
Other authors:Pauline Baynes (Illustrator), Harpercollins Publishers Ltd. (Reader)
Info:HarperCollins (2000), Edition: Collectors, Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis (1956)

English (176)  Spanish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Dutch (1)  Polish (1)  All languages (184)
Fantasy
  BooksInMirror | Feb 19, 2024 |
I thought this book was a good ending to the Narnia series! I like that this book is one of the few books that I read that has a perfect ending. I also like how it brings all the characters together at the end! ( )
  sophia.magyk | Jan 3, 2024 |
By far, one of the best books written. ( )
  ohheybrian | Dec 29, 2023 |
This last book in the series was bittersweet for me......I was thrilled to have the Pevensie children and Reepicheep rejoin the adventure...so I thought....and both, excited and sad, for the conclusion of Narnia.

I was disappointed to find the Pevensies, nor Reelicheep, were a part of the adventure, and instead were just a part of the conclusion. We are instead with Eustace and Jill Pole again, unfortunately, as I just do not care for Jill Pole....she is definitely my least favorite character in the series.

The religious implications of this story ramp up in this book.......something I find both fascinating and beautiful.

The ending is both delightful, and a touch sad.

This entire series is a must read for children and adults alike. ( )
  Jfranklin592262 | Dec 18, 2023 |
I loved the whole series. The metaphors are so pleasing! The lessons these stories teach didn't touch me on a religious level as they are meant to but they made me beleive that there is magic and good in the world. The feeling I got while reading them is what I love most about any good book. I highly recommend them to anyone who is young at heart or wants to feel the joy of being a kid again :) ( )
  jskeltz | Nov 23, 2023 |
The Christian symbolism is clear enough...book can stand on its own feet as a deeply moving and hauntingly lovely story apart from the doctrinal content.
added by vibesandall | editThe New York Times Book Review, Chad Walsh (Sep 30, 1956)

Lewis, C. S.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pauline BaynesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stewart, PatrickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the last days of Narnia, far up to the west beyond Lantern Waste and close beside the great waterfall, there lived an Ape.
I Narnias sidste dage, langt mod vest hinsides Lygtemarken og ikke langt fra det store vandfald, levede der en abe.
Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged editions.
Please do NOT combine "The Last Battle" with "The Chronicles of Narnia"

Das Finale der Chroniken von Narnia! Böse Zeiten brechen über das Land des Löwen herein. Der Affe Listig verkleidet den Esel Wirrkopf mit einem Löwenfell und gibt ihn als Aslan, den mächtigen Schöpfer Narnias, aus. Die Bewohner des Landes werden versklavt und nach Kalormen verkauft. Aslan bringt Eustachius und Jill auf seine eigene Art und Weise nach Narnia, um dem Betrug ein Ende zu bereiten. Als die Kalormen aber ihren Gott Tash ins Spiel bringen, beginnt der eigentliche Kampf. Wie wird er enden? Wird Narnia weiterleben oder untergehen? Werden die Kalormen die Oberhand gewinnen und Narnia vernichten?

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,917,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible