El caballo y el muchacho by C. S. Lewis

El caballo y el muchacho (original 1954; edition 2012)

by C. S. Lewis (Author)

Member:xinito88
Title:El caballo y el muchacho
Authors:C. S. Lewis (Author)
Info:Planetalector (2012)

The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis (1954)

Recently added byJessicaZ, private library, AdmiralCarter, Britny_Bench, skoelling, scot20, RheaNhimata, Aisha_Sollars
Legacy LibrariesC. S. Lewis

English (164)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Polish (1)  Italian (1)  Danish (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (175)
The Horse and His Boy is a bit of a side story. A Talking Beast, namely the horse of the title found a way to the south where it was enslaved. It escapes along with some kid. I haven't read it in a while, but it takes place during the reign of the children from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. On the way, the boy meets Aslan and all this other stuff happens. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |
I did like the book, a lot but it had a lot more boring moments for me, but like The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, overall, I enjoyed the stories but The Magicians Nephew is still my favorite thus far. And of course, I love Aslan! I think he will always be my favorite. The thing about this one though was it had me laughing and smiling in so many places. IT would be too hard for me to remember or even name each one so I won't even try! The audio-book made it just that much easier for me to get through the book and got through it a lot faster than if I had tried to read it on its own still. It got 4/5 stars because of all the funny parts & Shasta's growth along with the other characters by the end of the book but also the times it had me smiling and laughing (otherwise it would have gotten a 3 or 3.5/5)..but because of how difficult it was for me to get through it, it didn't get a 5/5. This one was a little more boring than The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe but I wanted to know what happened and I couldn't give up on it...I can say it was boring for me and not just slow because so many times, I was just flat out bored! lol...I almost gave up on it and didn't continue with the series but I am too desperate to see it to the end so I will do my best to do so and I am not one who normally does that (it's happened once before but I had also loved the other books in the series..it was just one book that drove me nuts...the other 4, the two before and the two after...I loved!).

So, hopefully now, I can go on into the movies that they have out for this series..If they don't have one for this one..well..I will just wait for Prince Caspian (I didn't keep up with the movies, I only know of two they brought out) ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | May 17, 2019 |
Shasta escapes Calormen with the stallion, Bree, and Aravis, a young Calormene aristocrat, and her horse, Hwin, and when they finally meet the Narnians, they all get a huge surprise once they meet Corin, The Prince of Archenland. This was one of my favorite books as a child and, although the religious allusions are too heavy-handed for an adult, every time I reread it, this little band of escapees bring me the same joy they always have. This, and the other books in the series, will be on my to-reread list for the rest of my life. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 31, 2019 |
The fifth to be published but the third book in the Narnia series this book features two talking horses and two children from the fantasy land. The horses long for their homeland. The children are escaping, the 4 set off for Narnia. A story of longing, a story of providence. ( )
  Kristelh | Feb 16, 2019 |
In the opinion of this admirer, "The Horse and His Boy" is relatively unispired. It does not glow as much as the incomparable first book of the series, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." It has not as much gay satire and plain excitement as several of the others. Just possibly the Narnian fields are suffering from overcropping, and could stand lying fallow while other fields are put back into cultivation.
added by Shortride | editThe New York Times Book Review, Chad Walsh (pay site) (Oct 17, 1954)

C. S. Lewisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Allsburg, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To David and Douglas Gresham
Til David og Douglas Gresham
This is the story of an adventure that happened in Narnia and Calormen and the lands between, in the Golden Age when Peter was High King in Narnia and his brother and his two sisters were King and Queens under him.
Dette er historien om nogle eventyrlige ting, der fandt sted i Narnia og Calormen og de mellemliggende lande i den gyldne tid, hvor Peter var øverste konge i Narnia, og hans bror og hans to søstre var konge og dronninger under ham.
And he writhed inside at what seemed the cruelty and unfairness of the demand. He had not yet learned that if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to do another and harder and better one.
Please do NOT combine "The Horse and his Boy" with "The Chronicles of Narnia".

Unabridged. Please do NOT combine with any abridged edition.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0020442009, Paperback)

original CS Lewis classic!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:16 -0400)

A boy and a talking horse share an adventurous and dangerous journey to Narnia to warn of invading barbarians.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,762,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible