The Masada Complex by Avraham Azrieli

The Masada Complex

by Avraham Azrieli

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (nshowe)
    nshowe: The Masada complex is an intense, action, thriller with a litany of heroic characters and two-faced villains. There are explosions and gritty action sequences throughout that are told with finesse and clarity. The foremost interest for me was the political realities and perspectives of a fragmented Israel and desperate Palestine all vying for control of a complex plot that spans many years and two opposing worlds. If you are into thrills and well told action and intrigue and want a dose of gritty politics, this is for you. Keeps twisting till the end and leaves you wanting more!… (more)

Beach reading of the worst kind...

Outrageous conspiracies abound in this Zionist story with its two-dimensional characters. Full of implausibilities. Enough said! ( )
  antao | Dec 10, 2016 |
Azrieli has outdone himself with The Masada Complex. If you enjoyed The Jerusalem Inception and/or The Jerusalem Assassin, you'll absolutely love The Masada Complex. Azrieli is the master of twists and turns, and this installment is far from an exception. Even when you know something the characters don't, you'll be on the edge of your seat as they begin to learn the dark secrets of those they think they know best. I recommend you don't start reading The Masada Complex until you have a couple of days to devote to it, because you seriously won't be able to put it down.

Following the tragedy of a hostage situation gone horribly wrong on the mountain she was named after, Masada El Tal has become a successful investigative journalist in Arizona. Her latest work has uncovered what appears to be the bribe of a Senator by a secret Israeli agency, but is actually a secret Palestinian plot to damage American-Israeli political relations. The mastermind behind the plot is truly a wolf in sheep's clothing; hiding in plain sight, it takes all of his considerable wits to keep Masada off his trail and continue his diabolical machinations. When he learns his last hope to save his eyesight requires him to travel to Jerusalem for an experimental treatment almost immediately, be becomes desperate to tie up all of the loose ends (including Masada) and all of his brilliant plans begin to crumble around him, risking exposure of himself and his benefactors. Further tragedies will lead all of the main players to Jerusalem, and a series of twists and surprises leads to an exciting climax you won't be able to look away from.

Don't wait, read this book! ( )
  thommorley | Jan 13, 2014 |
This is the fourth book from Mr. Azrieli that I have read and as with the other ones I am pleasantly surprised. This book has suspense from the very beginning with the hostage situation. This book while set in more modern times has a very film noir old school detective feel to it. This book is also very race against “timey”, but that enhances the old school suspense. Bringing down corrupt officials is always icing on the cake of justice. Overall a very good read. ( )
  abeander | Dec 6, 2013 |
Masada's character had so many facets. She is a hard-nose journalist, a former military agent and a damaged human being. Masada drives every aspect of the story and is a strong and complicated enough character to carry the suspense, the intrigue and the myriad plot turns. I found myself waiting for the other shoe to drop so many times I was reading and trying not to dread the next ah-ha moment. Its not an especially happy or uplifting story but you wont be able to put it down until you find out how everyone comes out of the mess they're in. ( )
  mblamires | Dec 2, 2013 |
If you have a vivid imagination, books are like movies except you create the characters in your own mind. You get to “design” how they look based on an author’s description, same with plot lines and locations. I love how descriptive Azrieli is with feeding my imagination and keeping me hooked in his books. I could barely put it down, actually felt disappointment when I had to go to the restroom or cook dinner for the family. The way he ties history and current events into his novels keeps me coming back for more and characters like Masada who have dealt with so much loss and pain are characters you just want to root for. ( )
  acrogodess | Nov 23, 2013 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 145054410X, Paperback)

A very strong excerpt with complex themes happening simultaneously around the complicated (and original) character of Masada. Very intense opening war scenes with her and her quasi-love interest, Colonel Ness, followed by stretches of her life 15 years later married to a rabbi, and suspicious meddling with a senator.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:32 -0400)

Avraham Azrieli is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,938,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible