Famous Men of Science by Sarah K. Bolton

Famous Men of Science (edition 2011)

by Sarah K. Bolton (Author)

601335,963 (4)None
Presents more than 20 biographical sketches of various eminent men who have devoted their lives to science including some of their individual accomplishments.
Member:CastellumLibrandi
Title:Famous Men of Science
Authors:Sarah K. Bolton (Author)
Info:(2011), 242 pages
Tags:Science, Biography

Famous men of science by Sarah Knowles Bolton

Very quick read, and put in an easy to understand style. It was probably written for kids, but I am not too certain. In any case, I had heard of most of the people covered in this book. Obviously Jonas Salk did the Polio vaccine; Newton, Galileo and Einstein were physicists I had heard of and so on. I had not heard of the last two men off the top of my head though, and it might be because it gave their original Chinese Names. Either that or I just never encountered the idea of Parity in an atomic reaction before.

Either way, this book is quite accessible and a good introduction to the men and women that it covers in these pages. It is rather dated, but that is not really surprising since the version I have is copyright 1960 or so. I'm sure that if it was reprinted today it would have to include people like Feynman and other luminaries of science.

It was quite an enjoyable read, but I won't read it again, at least not right away. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,594,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible