Dark Secret by Christine Feehan

Dark Secret

by Christine Feehan

Series: Dark Carpathians (15)

Recently added bycrysmoon84, private library, ajwseven, KoisInEtria, WingedWolf, Tabatha.Bahr, apostate, djstewart

There's always that one guy. Rafael is that guy. This rapey, hard-to-take installment in the series left a bad taste in my mouth. We have a very strong, determined female lead, and she gets stuck with this utter douchebag for a lifemate. There is no point in this book, including at the end, where we don't feel sorry for her, for being fated to love and spend the rest of her existence with this jerk.

We do get some series arc action - we meet Natalya, who is important, and Vikirnoff, who is trying to catch her (and is obviously her lifemate, we figured that out back in Dark Destiny). We are introduced to the evil vampire overlords, the Malinov brothers. We get a brief glimpse of Nicholas and feel sorry for him. But we never feel sorry for Rafael, no matter how kind he is to little kids. He's just a douche.

Unless you're really in love with the series, this is one to miss. The only thing that really happens here is that we find out Natalya is actively avoiding hunters because she thinks they're going to kill her, because she has a Dragonseeker birthmark, and she was told they'd kill her for it - and Colby has the birthmark, too. Who's been spreading Dragonseeker genes among the human populace? Natalya believes she's Colby's aunt. And we see Vikirnoff being a good guy again.

This is Rafael and Colby's story. Did I mention that Rafael is a douche? He is. ( )
  WingedWolf | Jun 9, 2015 |
I love Christine Feehan's writing. She can take you through a series without seeming redundant in the details that flow from story to story. Each of her characters have unique personalities that make you fall in love with them. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
In for a penny, in for a pound. Nothing spectacular about the series, but they aren't horrible. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
I don't really enjoy this series, but I liked the plot of this one the most. I've always thought the Carpathian males were skirting the fact that they force themselves on their lifemates. I liked that Colby called Rafael out on that. ( )
  Ltlmiss | Oct 13, 2012 |
This was the hardest book to get through in the Series. Once I got halfway I could finally finish it. To me Rafael was not good, but I grew to like him along with Colby. ( )
  stacej918 | Jun 8, 2010 |

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ferrone, RichardReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Evert, BrittaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Come on, Colby," Sheriff Ben Lassiter yelled, feeling like a fool running alongside the tractor.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515138851, Mass Market Paperback)

Christine Feehan has thrilled legions of fans with her seductive, sensual Carpathian tales. Now, she presents the enthralling story of Rafael, a savage hunter from the darkest jungles, and the beautiful prey he would never let escape.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:53 -0400)

Rafael De La Cruz, an immortal Carpathian, is determined to possess the fiercely independent and mortal Colby Jansen as his own.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,045,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible