1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die: The Ultimate Guide to Comic…

by Paul Gravett

Series: 1001 (Comics), 1001 ... before you die

An expansive look a the history of comic books, graphic novels, and manga that describes more than one thousand outstanding titles of the sequential art medium, their creators, their subject matter, and their historical context. Presented in chronological order beginning in the 1830s and extending to the present.… (more)

I skimmed through this book and found it interesting and informative. It's a bit heavy for light reading (and I think the pun is intended). By heavy, I mean literally heavy. There were some good ideas for some comics I'd like to read someday but I wasn't ambitious enough to take notes so I'll have to check it out again from the library one of these days. (Or perhaps the list is online somewhere.) ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
An excellent reference to some well known graphic novels and also some obscure ones. ( )
  LJMax | Aug 21, 2015 |
Very interesting book that shows the significant contributions to the world of comics starting in the late 1880s. The book has full color illustrations and is almost 1000 pages in length. A very interesting read and a wonderful reference for this field. Would interest adults and teens. Does have some content and pictures that would place this title in with the adult collection. ( )
1 vote rangenf | Sep 29, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

1001 (Comics)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,459,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible