Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy…

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life (edition 2008)

by Wendy Mass (Author)

1,2924511,241 (4.01)1 / 23
Just before his thirteenth birthday, Jeremy Fink receives a keyless locked box--set aside by his father before his death five years earlier--that purportedly contains the meaning of life.
Member:SophiaGL
Title:Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Authors:Wendy Mass (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: Reprint, 304 pages

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass

The Naked Mole-Rat Letters by Mary Amato (lproctor)
    lproctor: read this book ladies you don't know what you're missing I LOVED THIS BOOK and i even saw my friends reading it so why can't YOU!!!

English (43)  Dutch (1)  All languages (44)
I like what she has to "teach" and the mother in me really appreciates that this book is "out there" and available. I'm not sure my kids would read it by choice though. It would have to be a school assignment. ( )
  Seayla2020 | Aug 23, 2021 |
This was a family road trip book. Wendy Mass never disappoints. Her books have an element of fantasy -- that something special or spectacular can happen in everyday life -- and that the kids these things happen to are unique individuals with great contributions to make. Jeremy is on the very verge of 13, when a package arrives at the apartment he and his Mom share in NYC. It is an elaborate box from his father, who died when Jeremy was 8. The cover is engraved with the words "The Meaning of Life" and it has a complex system of keyholes, but no keys. Jeremy goes on a quest with his best friend and next-door-neighbor Lizzie (love that dynamic!) to find the keys, open the box and learn his father's wisdom. The book tackles big topics like predestination, philosophy, and life's purpose but not in a heavy handed way. The reader learns as Jeremy does -- without even realizing it. And there are definitely moments that brought me to tears -- so touching and so spot on. ( )
  CarrieWuj | Oct 24, 2020 |
Jeremy Fink receives a wooden box at his door with a note that tells him to only open on his 13th birthday. The box contains four locks, but no keys. Jeremy and his best friend Lizzy go on an adventurous search to find the hidden keys to open the box. Each encounter leaves them with another clue as to where the keys might be. ( )
  mckinzietangen | Feb 7, 2019 |
I remember reading this book in grade school and absolutely loving it! This is a sweet and emotional story about a young boy's journey to unlock his father's past. It really pulls you in and makes you feel connected to Jeremy and his cause. I think this is a great read for any kid. There is a maturity to this story that makes it so meaningful yet there is also some whimsy. This is a great book for people who like adventures and journeys. ( )
  Kyliehentschke | Apr 27, 2018 |
Kate and I enjoyed reading this book together. A tale of a boy who gets an unexpected gift from his deceased father before his 13th birthday. However, it takes 4 keys to open the box and there are no keys to be found! Jeremy and his best friend, Lizzie, set off on adventure to find the missing keys and open the box before Jeremy's 13th birthday....but will the be successful!??! Read to find out!

Very cute and funny...We both liked it...wouldn't read it again but definitely worth the time. ( )
  aarchamb | Mar 22, 2018 |

Wendy Massprimary authorall editionscalculated
Paris, AndyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Preface - July 22 - My sweat smells like peanut butter. Since I'm such a picky eater, my mother feeds me peanut butter sandwiches at every meal, including breakfast and midnight snacks.
June 22 - "Did you ever notice how the colors seem brighter the first day of summer vacation?" I ask Lizzy. "The birds sing louder? The air is alive with possiblity?"

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316058297, 0316058491

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,401,580 books! | Top bar: Always visible