The Lord of Illusion by Kathryne Kennedy

The Lord of Illusion

by Kathryne Kennedy

This is the third last book in the series. The Elven rule is to come to an end, or least the rebels hope so. Many years have gone by since book 1 and in this book we meet Drystan Hawkes. The couple from book 2 has raised him in Wales and so the story continues.

Drystan is more of the bookish kind of hero, and I do love a hero who loves books. He is also in love with a woman he has been dreaming of and wants to find her. And we all know that that woman will be the mysterious slave girl. Camille who has been mistreated and does not trust men. It's not a love story that will be easy but true love will always win and their passion can conquer everything.

The book is about these two finding each other, the rebels trying to win the war and the cruelty of the Elven Lords. It's quite the race to the finish line.

One thing I was not too happy about and that was that there was a mention of two other couples that has stolen scepters and I felt cheated. I wanted to read their stories, but I can't since they are not written, and I really wish they had been written. Instead it had jumped over a few important things and come to this point so that there could be ending to it all. Still I liked the book even if I felt like I wanted to read those stories too.

Conclusion:
It's an enchanting story about love, passion and magic.
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |

Rebel Drystan Hawkes dreams of freeing England and discovers the key to opening the door to Elfhame lies with Camille, a young slave woman. Drystan sets off to rescue her and find the key that will send the dreaded elf lords away forever. But who is rescuing whom?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,818,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible