dismiss

Incredible Ned

by Bill Maynard, Frank Remkiewicz (Illustrator)

The things Ned speaks of become reality, until a knowing art teacher solves his problem with paper and paints.

When Ned speaks, his words become that object over his hear....that is, until a knowing art teacher solves his problem with paper and paints. Ned is an artist.
  CECC9 | Mar 20, 2019 |
I really liked this book because of the message it sends. The line in the book that best sums the message up is, “Ned didn’t need words. He could draw them instead. (Because painting and talking are equally real. They’re just two different ways to show folks how you feel.)” I really liked how the author gave Ned a wonderful talent that was misunderstood. The journey the author takes us on to help “solve” Ned’s problem and then finding out it wasn’t a problem at all, was very inspirational. I also liked the fantasy part of this book. I liked how the author had Ned’s imagination comes to life. For example, “when Ned said ‘gorilla,’ the kids all jumped back, for they saw a gorilla and feared an attack.” These types of lines along with comical drawings to accompany them help readers see the hyperbolized meaning of picturing images in your head. The main idea of this book is that different isn't always wrong. ( )
  CathiRussell | Feb 20, 2016 |
28 months - this is a really fun read about creativity and imagination. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Incredible Ned by Bill Maynard is a really enjoyable book about a young boy Ned, who sees objects appear after he thinks them in his head. The plot for me was the highlight of this book. I really loved the idea of Ned’s creativity being bottled up and the only way to release it is by drawing pictures. I think it’s important for children to know that being imaginative and creative is a great quality to have. The book is also written in rhyme format, which makes the story easier to read. For example “What was worse, there were so many pills that they covered the Nurse!” The rhyming makes it easier for the reader to follow along, as well as make sense of the story. This story highlights the significance of finding a talent, and enhancing said talent to grow as a person. ( )
  ShakelaWilliams | Feb 9, 2015 |
In my opinion, this is a great book. The writing flows well throughout. Because the author wrote the story of Ned as a poem, the rhyming and beat create a steady flow through the entire book. I also thought that the language was very descriptive. When Ned created a room full of pills, the author said, "The room quickly filled with some four million, three thousand, two hundred pills. Pills that covered the desks and the chairs. What was worse, there were so many pills that they covered the Nurse!" This descriptive language created vivid imagery in my head of a room full of pills. The main idea of the story is that art can be a good way to express your thoughts and feelings. ( )
  katiebrennan | Nov 4, 2013 |

Bill Maynardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Remkiewicz, FrankIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,069,961 books! | Top bar: Always visible