Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong

Thirteen

by Kelley Armstrong

Series: Women of the Otherworld (13)

This final entry into Ms. Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series brings together all the characters that readers have grown to enjoy and love over the years. Savannah and her entourage are still embroiled in the war between the “supernaturals”, some wanting to expose their existence to humans and the rest thinking it’s a bad idea.

I have enjoyed all of the Women of Otherworld books, and this book was a very nice wrap up. Some hanging issues were nicely resolved and some were touched upon but left a little open ended. Ms. Armstrong has said on her website that she may revisit the characters in a stand alone book in the future, so there is a little wiggle room for a story. The (bonus) Elena story at the end of the book was fitting, as the series started with Elena’s story.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
[b:Thirteen|10863148|Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld, #13)|Kelley Armstrong|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328820694s/10863148.jpg|15778276] is the final book for Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld. While I’m very sad to see the end of one of my favorite series, I’m also glad that Armstrong chose not to drag it out until she was beating a dead horse.

The world is turning to chaos as the Supernatural Liberation Movement sets into motion their plans to expose the supernatural population. With powerful demons now choosing sides, all the factions of the Otherworld must work together if they hope to successfully stop the movement. Still caught in the middle of the brewing war is Savannah Levine, who has yet to completely regain her powers.

Even though Thirteen is told primarily from Savannah’s point of view, this is definitely everyone’s story. Her character arc is mostly over near the beginning, so the focus shifts fully to the impending battle as everyone pulls together. With things completely out of control, Savannah is just along for the ride at different points, as other character’s take the wheel. I really loved that we got one chapter from the viewpoint of each of the previous narrators in the series. Armstrong executed this wonderfully as all of those chapters worked to move the plot forward. It also seemed critical that they be told from that particular person’s point of view, rather than Savannah’s. So, it was a nice nod to all the main characters without interrupting the story's flow.

My only confusion here is that, by the end, I felt like there should’ve been a novel for Cassandra. Cassandra has been a reoccurring character since [b:Stolen|11922|Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2)|Kelley Armstrong|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1300923278s/11922.jpg|14289] and, while I don’t believe that we need a full length book for every character, she played an oddly large part here. She also seemed to have had a character arc happen off-page, which is the main reason I felt like there should’ve been a story for her. She does have a short story (found in [b:Otherworld Nights|17827953|Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories #3)|Kelley Armstrong|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1400095091s/17827953.jpg|24940587]) that touches briefly on it, but her change felt bigger than that.

All in all, this was a fantastic ending to the series that left a few open possibilities for Armstrong to explore in her novellas. So, while we may not get another full length Otherworld book, I'm glad that we are still getting small tidbits every now and then. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
A lot of plot threads were left dangling in this wrapup of the series. ( )
  MikeRhode | Sep 26, 2014 |
So this is the wrap up of the Women of the Otherworld series and the plus is the world doesn't come to an end and you know at some point she will dip back into this world but who is to say who she will write about next time. Everyone makes a bow at some point during the story which gets to be a bit packed with people. And for a showdown with the big bad why would you send someone who's magic isn't 100% up to snuff. It was ok but I think I am tired of Savannah as a lead. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
A pretty satisfying ending to a series I loved. I've read other people's accusations about being fan-service-y and I agree-but I don't think that's a bad thing. I wanted to see Eve and Hope again, even if it was a little bit of a sprawling plot. ( )
  newskepticx | Dec 18, 2013 |

Kelley Armstrongprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book goes out to al the readers of the Otherworld. For those who discovered it with Bitten a decade ago, to those who just discovered it a month ago. You took a dream and you made it real. Thank you.
Typical guy.

The #1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong delivers the novel her fans have been clamoring for: Thirteen, the epic finale of the Otherworld series.

It’s been more than ten years, a dozen installments, and hundreds of thousands of copies since Kelley Armstrong introduced readers to the all-too-real denizens of the Otherworld: witches, werewolves, necromancers, vampires, and half-demons, among others. And it’s all been leading to Thirteen, the final installment, the novel that brings all of these stories to a stunning conclusion.

A war is brewing -- the first battle has been waged and Savannah Levine is left standing, albeit battered and bruised. She has rescued her half brother from supernatural medical testing, but he’s fighting to stay alive. The Supernatural Liberation Movement took him hostage, and they have a maniacal plan to expose the supernatural world to the unknowing.

Savannah has called upon her inner energy to summon spells with frightening strength, a strength she never knew she had, as she fights to keep her world from shattering. But it’s more than a matter of supernaturals against one another -- both heaven and hell have entered the war; hellhounds, genetically modified werewolves, and all forces of good and evil have joined the fray.

Uniting Savannah with Adam, Paige, Lucas, Jaime, Hope, and other lost-but-notforgotten characters in one epic battle, Thirteen is a grand, crowd-pleasing closer for Armstrong’s legions of fans.

Savannah Levine emerges from the rescue of her half-brother and summons formidable powers to halt a supernatural war that is being complicated by the forces of heaven and hell.

432 wanted3 pay3 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,999,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible