Once a Ferrara Wife... (Harlequin Presents)…

Once a Ferrara Wife... (Harlequin Presents) (edition 2012)

by Sarah Morgan

Member:NasDean
Title:Once a Ferrara Wife... (Harlequin Presents)
Authors:Sarah Morgan
Info:Harlequin (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Rating:*****

Once a Ferrara Wife... by Sarah Morgan

Typical HQ. Sweet and a bit on the mushy side. Nice beginning but it began to slog about where Chris figured out what an ass he was. Honestly don't totally believe the HEA either, but still... Nice. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
I need a happy ending. This seems to fit the bill. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
Funny story with this one. I tweeted DA's Jane to ask if she had any semi-recent Presents to recommend when Sunita suggested this book. Next thing you know, Sarah Morgan tweets "Noooo I'm not ready to be creamed in #dabwaha and by @_ridley_ in the same week."

I had no idea I was so terrifying.

Long story short, she offers me a free copy of the book to show she was only kidding, and I happily accepted. Good thing too, as it was a great source of vitamins A(ngst) and D(rama), and I like to stay healthy.

Personal trainer to the stars Laurel Ferrara has reluctantly flown to Sicily to stand up as the maid of honor in her best friend's wedding. She's booked her flights without telling anyone the details and reserved a simple hotel room in the city center. Planning to quietly perform her wedding duties without entangling herself too much with the family, she's nonplussed when the bride's brother meets her at the airport and insists she's staying with him at the family's villa. The only contact she'd hoped to have with Cristiano Ferrara was in a lawyer's office, where they'd be signing divorce paperwork.

If you like second chance romances and angst so thick you could cut it with a knife, this is your book. Something traumatic drove these two to separate two years ago and Morgan does a great job of showing why they split as well as why they've worked things out for good this time. I enjoy how she shows us both characters' points of view on the event. When you're in Cristiano's head, you see the same mistrustful, overreacting Laurel he does. Then from Laurel's eyes you see the callous, stubborn, mansplaining Cristiano she walked out on. Because of this, you work out their problems along with them, and there's no true villain or victim. They were two people who acted out of a place of insecurity rather than communicated with each other.

I loved the main couple. Cristiano was the perfect Presents hero - handsome, successful, stubborn, domineering, protective - and Laurel his perfect counterpart with her boatload of insecurities from an unstable childhood. Both characters have ambition in spades, know what they want, and aren't going to let anyone push them around. Watching them spar was a joy. Seeing them reconcile was immensely satisfying.

A few nit-picky things irked me, including a predictable ending to the infertility plot line, but they were nothing serious. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an angsty HP to read. ( )
  Ridley_ | Apr 1, 2013 |
Boring. The whole book was just a constant back and forth argument about ONE event, and while the arguments themselves were well-written and made sense* considering the characters, by the end I just didn't care if this couple got back together. There was nothing romantic about this story.

*Made sense, that is, until the hero suffered from an acute drop in IQ points and said, right when things were starting to look up, "Why do women always turn everything into a major drama?" Really, jackass? That's how you go about trying to win back your wife. ( )
  ReaderLas | Mar 31, 2013 |
ONCE A FERRARA WIFE by USA Bestselling author Sarah Morgan is a February 2012 release by Harlequin Presents.

Laurel Ferrara goes to attend her best friend’s wedding in Sicily. The bride is her soon to be ex-husband’s sister. Meeting Cristiano Ferrara face to face after she walked out on him two years ago is an agonizing experience. He was an arrogant, stubborn, controlling and a powerful businessman in Sicily.

To save herself from getting hurt she had walked away from her marriage. He’d demanded that she trust him and gradually she’d yielded to that as he would accept nothing less. And then he had let her down so badly she doubted the bruises would ever heal.

Cristiano had never stopped loving Laurel. And he said it at every opportunity! I loved him for saying that! And he confessed he made a mistake by not being with her when she needed him the most. Yet she couldn’t forgive him despite the dangerous incendiary chemistry flaring between them whenever they looked at each other. Dare she open her heart again to him? Could she trust him not to hurt her again?

This was an emotional roller coaster of a romance. It seemed like Sarah Morgan was writing about real people in situations that could happen. Scenarios come alive as do the people with her use of dialogue and situation that helps us know them better. I found Laurel to be a realistic, flawed yet resilient heroine who seriously lacks emotional trust and is constantly trying to protect herself from being hurt and Cristiano was a strong, charismatic and turned out to be a sensitive hero, whom I absolutely adored.

Sarah Morgan’s story telling is so vivid that I don’t believe that I’ve ever read a romance which pulled at my heartstrings so immediately and so strongly right through to the very end. ( )
  NasDean | Jan 24, 2012 |

"Laurel Ferrara wouldn't know a happy ending if she fell over it--of course her whirlwind wedding was always going to end in disaster. But it wasn't as simple as just walking away. From the moment she is summoned back to Sicily, the shivers of unease set in ... .The command comes from legendary billionaire Cristiano Ferrara, the husband she can't forget--but it might as well have come from the devil himself. The outrageously gorgeous Cristiano's power is a potent reminder of this Sicilian dynasty's unbreakable rule: once a Ferrara wife, always a Ferrara wife"--Publisher.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,831,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible