The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus) by…

The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus) (edition 2012)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

"The Greek and Roman demigods will have to cooperate in order to defeat the giants released by the Earth Mother, Gaea. Then they will have to sail together to the ancient land--Greece itself--to find the Doors of Death"--
Member:greenteaholic
Title:The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus)
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (2012)

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (Author)

Loved, loved, loved this book!!! Waiting patiently for another year until part 4. ( )
  MeshaCups | Oct 24, 2020 |
OOK perhaps I'm the only one here who has a problem with Annabeth, I really don't like her part of the story, which was mostly what this one was about - essential yes but I just really don't enjoy reading her part - I'm glad the convergence happened and everyone is getting a part in the prophecy - I kind of adore Leo but I think maybe now Frank is my favourite - adventures await! ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |
SO FREAKIN READY FOR HOUSE OF HADES I COULD SCREAM ( )
  rachelreading | Oct 17, 2020 |
My least favorite of the series so far, but still good. Just a bit draggy in places and a little too much romance for my taste. ( )
  Jessica_Olin | Sep 17, 2020 |
i really enjoyed the ending of this book, even though it was absolutely devastating! annabeth overcomes her fear so she can think carefully, and i have so much respect for her because of that. i love percy and annabeth so much and i just want them to be happy and safe for once :(( ( )
  kkgautamm | Aug 19, 2020 |
In the mark of Athena percy and his friends have to find the statue of athena. They try to make friends with camp jupiter and ghosts control Leo into starting war for camp jupiter. These same ghosts in the story control Percy and Jason into a big fight with each other. Percy and jason feel useless in one point of the book, cause golden boy is way to good for them in a sword fight. They meet hercales to get into the ancient lands and they have to tear a bulls horn off. Then as thy are leaving annabeth shoots food out of the horn and traps heracules in food.
added by Isaiahl.b4 | editisaiahl.b4

Riordan, RickAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Speedy
Strays and wanderers are often sent by the gods.
Until she met the exploding statue, Annabeth thought she was prepared for anything.

Annabeth is terrified.
Just when she's about to be reunited with Percy =- after six months of being apart, thanks to Hera - it looks lIke Camp Jupiter is preparing for war.

As Annabeth and her friends Jason, Piper and Leo fly in on the Argo II, she can't blame the Roman demigods for thinking the ship is a Greek weapon. with its steaming bronze dragon figurehead, Leo's fantastical creation doesn't appear friendly. Annabeth hopes that the sight of their praetor Jason on deck will reassure the Romans that the visitors form Camp Half-Blood are coming in peace.

And that's only one of her worries. IN her pocket, Annabeth carries a gift form her mother that came from an unnerving command: Follow the Mark of Athena. Avenge me. Annabeth already feels weighted down by the prophecy that will send seven demigods on a quest to find - and close - the Doors of Death. What more does Athena want from her?

Annabeth's biggest fear, though, is that Percy may have changed. What if he's now attached to Roman ways? Does he still need his old friends? As the daughter of the goddess of war and wisdom, Annabeth knows she was born to be a leader - but never again does she want to be without Seaweed Brain by her side.

Narrated by four different Demigods, the Mark of Athena is an unforgettable journey across land and sea to Rome, where important discoveries, surprising sacrifices, and unspeakable horrors await. Climb aboard the Argo II, if you dare...

From jacket cover. Putting it back on, discovered there's a cut out of the Argos II under the back flap with instructions on how to build your very own Argos II.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,806,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible