The Golden Dynasty

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Fantasyland (2)

Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she's not having a wild dream, she's living a frightening nightmare where she's been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she's installed very unwillingly on her white throne of horns as their Queen. Dax Lahn is the king of Suh Tunak, The Horde of the nation of Korwahk and with one look at Circe, he knows she will be his bride and together they will start The Golden Dynasty of legend. Circe and Lahn are separated by language, culture and the small fact she's from a parallel universe and has no idea how she got there or how to get home. But facing challenge after challenge, Circe finds her footing as Queen of the brutal Korwahk Horde and wife to its King, then she makes friends then she finds herself falling in love with this primitive land, its people and especially their savage leader.… (more)

This story doesn't start out well, Dax hunts Circe down and rapes her during the wife hunt of his people. I found it hard to accept this beginning and it colored my feelings on this story.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
4.5 stars

Let me preface this with the fact that while I loved this book, I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. The first book in this series has the distinction of being my favorite. Again, the author did a fantastic job creating a world that seemed so real that I wanted to add it to my bucket list and visit it. Strong Alpha characters and resilient women were another strong suit of this author and it showed in this book.

I still have some questions, like how two Circe's can be in the same realm, that left me a little confused. However, it still did not deter me from liking this series. I loved the connection and effort that Lahn went to try and show how much he loved his Golden Warrier Goddess. I also appreciated that the author showed how different "culturally" Lahn and Circe were and that while some things might not be done in their world it didn't necessarily mean that it was wrong. This took me quite a bit to get to that point of understanding. She explained it in a way, through conversations, how and why things were done a certain way and gave a different perspective showing that not everything was black or white.

I am very much looking forward to the next book in this series. ( )
  MagicalRi | Apr 15, 2019 |
Golden Dynasty is a brilliantly written love story that takes us back to this epic series, to a fated couple..a barbarian warrior king and his queen---dangers around every corner, intensity at the corners of each page and a heart felt romance that will capture your heart....

Golden Dynasty is the second book in the stunning Fantasyland series and I will be honest...I was expecting a book more like book one to be honest. Now this is the same world but we have a completely different setting. Instead of ice and snow and civilization, we are dealing with a whole different culture that is more rugged and rough around the edges but is still full of emotion and passion. However I would like to warn you that this book is NOT for everyone. It has dubious consent in the first part of the book so keep that in consideration. However I fell in love with the whole book and it definitely took me back to some of my old favorites in HR. So without further ado let me show you what made this book such an adventure for me here.

Circe Quinn, goes to bed one night and wakes up in a pen of women, she is dressed in strange clothing and she is surrounded by guards with swords...SWORDS!! She feels like its just a dream but it's a dark reality, one she gets a wide wake up call for. She has somehow been transported to a world of primitive people with strange customs. She is about to be hunted in the forest and be claimed by one of the men. Most of the women with her are excited however excitement is the last thing that Circe is feeling at the moment. She is scared out of her mind. But Circe attracts the attention of the one man that no woman has attracted until now....Dax Lahn is the king of Suh Tunak, The Horde of the nation of Korwahk. Circe is a fighter though and she doesn't go down easily. She is then claimed by Dax Lahn and set up as his queen.

He has bragged greatly about you. The Lahnahsahna, a true warrior’s wife. He told his people he did not claim you. He told his people he battled you before he won you. He told his people you challenged him. The warrior king’s bride fought like a warrior. She did not lay back and accept her fate. She stood strong and shouted in the face of a king. She fought and did not give up. Even knowing she’d taste defeat, she fought on, like a true warrior. He told his people you are not his queen. You are his warrior queen

At first Circe has no clue how to handle her new situation. But thanks to her newest friend, who is one of the few people that can speak her language helps her with their customs, their language and how to be a queen.... A QUEEN that the Korwahk would die to protect. Despite the language barrier, Dax and Circe begin to share desire and more, their story turns into love and devotion.

There is SO much that goes on in this book though, its a pretty long book (which I totally don't mind because I never wanted this book to end) the story really gets good once Circe starts to learn the language and become a true queen to the Korwahk. I loved her strength and courage and what a fighter she is. Dax Lahn likes to call her his "tigress queen" and that is so apt for her. Now our hero....well he is an ASS many times, he is definitely an anti-hero but we see his changes through the book and I really admired the way he grows and allows love change him. And when he makes the "bad" mistakes, Circe definitely makes him work for it and boy does he GROVEL.

(One of my favorite scenes where we see the strength and growth of our heroine as she helps a fellow woman and her warrior )

Your king did not break through with me until his touch stopped taking and started giving and until, in our cham, he treated me with kindness. He is the mightiest of Suh Tunak, recognized the battle he had on his hands, analyzed it, created his strategy and then he went about winning that battle using any means necessary. And, Zahnin," I edged closer and for the sake of this man who pledged to guard me even if it meant giving his life, who backed me against Dortak and who clearly wanted his wife to settle in her new life with him in his cham, I admitted to him at the same time I admitted to myself, "my Lahn won that battle. I now lay awake at night waiting for him to return. When he does not, I fall asleep looking forward to the morning when he will wake me with his hands. He is my king, he is my warrior, he is my husband and I am proud to say above all...he is mine.

This isn't an easy love story at all...there is no light or fluff in this book....it works the reader through their paces, pushes you and challenges you sometimes to your limits but it also is very rewarding and seeing this couple overcome the worst to find a love worth fighting for. The reader does need to realize that this isn't a modern style romance. Its very savage and primitive and is tough as nails but as its soft underbelly that wins you over. I was very impressed though with the way that Kristen Ashley wrote this book. We see the development in their relationship grow, the sexual tension that is off the charts, we finds a true love tale that you want to last forever and never let go of!! ONE OF THE MOST DEEPLY ROMANTIC TALES I'VE EVER READ!!!

If you’re given the opportunity to look deep enough, you can see a person’s spirit in their eyes but usually, they are guarded, kept safe. Not you, my tigress, the night of your claiming, even in the moonlight, I could see your spirit shining from your eyes. You hold your spirit close to the surface for all to behold and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2019 |
LOVED it! ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
Did I just read a Game of Thrones knock off? It was interesting ... if you like a lot of rape...not a place that would be very welcoming to a modern Earth woman.... ( )
  Tricialenht | May 29, 2018 |

Kristen Ashleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hooper, TillieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

I was running.

Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she’s not having a wild dream, she’s living a frightening nightmare where she’s been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she’s installed very unwillingly on her white throne of horns as their Queen.

Circe and Lahn are separated by language, culture and the small fact she’s from a parallel universe and has no idea how she got there or how to get home. But facing challenge after challenge, Circe finds her footing as Queen of the brutal Korwahk Horde and wife to its King, then she makes friends then she finds herself falling in love with this primitive land, its people and especially their savage leader.

-Amazon.com

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,547,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible