Monster Hunter Legion

by Larry Correia

Series: Monster Hunter International (4)

Book 4 in theNew York Times Best Selling Monster Hunter series. A conference in Vegas becomes a showdown between Owen Pitt and the staff of Monster Hunter International with an ancient god, one that could turn Sin City into a literal hell on earth. Monster Hunter International might be the premier monster eradication company in the business, but they've got competition. When hunters from around the world gather in Las Vegas for a conference, a creature left over from a World War Two weapons experiment wakes up and goes on a rampage across the desert. A not-so-friendly wager between the rival companies turns into a race to see who can bag the mysterious creature first. Only there is far more to this particular case than meets the eye, and as Hunters fall prey to their worst nightmares, Owen Zastava Pitt and the staff of Monster Hunter International have to stop an ancient god from turning Sin City into a literal hell on earth.   AboutMonster Hunter Legion:"If Pitt and his crew can't stop this one, what happens in Vegas will not stay in Vegas, but will take over the whole planet. . . . It's definitely a lot of fun, much of it tongue-in-cheek. Any shoot-em-up gamer should be delighted." --Analog on Monster Hunter Legion. About Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series "[A] no-holds-barred all-out page turner that is part science fiction, part horror, and an absolute blast to read."--Bookreporter.com "If you love monsters and action, you'll love this book. If you love guns, you'll love this book. If you love fantasy, and especially horror fantasy, you'll love this book."--Knotclan.com "A gun person who likes science fiction--or, heck, anyone who likes science fiction--will enjoy [these books]...The plotting is excellent, and Correia makes you care about the characters...I read both books without putting them down except for work...so whaddaya waitin' for? Go and buy some...for yourself and for stocking stuffers."--Massad Ayoob About Larry Correia's Monster Hunter Vendetta: "This lighthearted, testosterone-soaked sequel to 2009's Monster Hunter International will delight fans of action horror with elaborate weaponry, hand-to-hand combat, disgusting monsters, and an endless stream of blood and body parts."--Publishers Weekly… (more)

English (15)  German (1)  All languages (16)
Good fun, well plotted. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
Such a cute little nightmare. Legion is somewhat of a misnomer, but the buildup of coming action is good. There were also some pretty humorous parts to the novel, always related to the social status of monsters. I loved the Management.
I'm also glad that Mosh is attempting to get back on his feet again.
Fun stuff!
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
Monsters, lots of monsters, guns, lots of guns and plenty of action. Larry Correia doesn’t disappoint. I really like to read his MHI books. They are a nice change of pace from the sci-fi that I normally read and Larry is simply quite good at writing action packed, gun wielding monster stuff.

This is the fourth book in his MHI series and it is as good as the others. It is one of the few book series where I have given a 5 star rating four times in a row. There’s a red thread going through all the books in the series but they are still fairly well separated entities and generally do not end in a huge cliffhanger. Having said that this one did leave some loose ends a’la cliffhanger but, luckily, not too much. It is enough for you to want to read the next one but not enough to make you feel the book as unfinished.

If I should have some criticism it is that I do not care too much for this constant plot element where the government are assholes and constantly are trying to screw MHI. In this one we also get conspiracies between two different government agencies trying to screw around each other. I hope that bit doesn’t get a too prominent role in the next book and, for those that are familiar with the story arc, I hope that Meyers and Frank get to clobber some of the real government jerks. They did get the short end of the stick in this one and I have kind of taken a bit of a liking to Frank. ( )
  perjonsson | Jun 10, 2019 |
A Monster Hunters International reunion of various chapters goes haywire quickly, when a creature from a World War II experiment is unleashed and attacks them. Another entry in the MHI series, lots of action, plenty of gunfire, twists and turns, quite a mix-up. Always entertaining and worth getting. ( )
  NickHowes | Feb 17, 2018 |
Firefox crashed about 1/2way through my first draft. Bleh. So here is another take.

This review represents my 1000th review here on GR. I'm pretty proud of that fact. Even though some of those reviews are of the I hate/love this book" type. At least I took the effort, you know?

So, MHI: Legion.

A monster hunt that is totally hardcore, of global ramifications AND is just a taste of the badness that is coming. Imagination, determination, BIG guns and serious bodily harm all round.

Team Force Unicorn. Only the creepy douchebag leader guy is part of this story. And he really makes the former leader of MCB look like a nice guy.

Then you get all the different revelations: For all you LOSERS who expect reviews to be sanitized just for YOU, you selfish pigs. feel free to drop dead in the most painful way possible. No really, I don't mind if you do..
Ok, try this instead: Owen and wife having a baby. Julie's continued slide toward guardian mode. Owen's brother getting involved in MHI. The info that "something" is waking up and preparing to take over the world.

Then, right at the end, Owen has the "Prophecy Talk" with his dad. Well, they start it, and the book ends. This is my only gripe with the book. I don't mind a good cliff hanger ending, but this was just totally out of control douchebaggery [and yes, I declare that to be a real word].

An awesome quick read with guns and monsters that left me wanting the next book NOW." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

Larry Correiaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frank, RobertNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Krug, MichaelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyman, OliverNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Most of the things Las Vegas has to offer to its hordes of tourists don't hold much appeal for me.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,423,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible