Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.6) by Ilona…

Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.6) (edition 2011)

by Ilona Andrews

Series: Kate Daniels (5.6)

Fantasy. Fiction. Romance. HTML:Now available individually for the first time, a Kate Daniels novella from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Magic Triumphs.

It isn‚??t often that Kate Daniels and the Beast Lord Curran get to take a break from protecting their pack and enjoy some time for themselves. So when Curran offers Kate a romantic dinner in town, there‚??s no way she‚??s going to pass.

But their quiet night doesn‚??t stay quiet for long. The trouble starts with a necromancer dying at a nearby table, continues with bloodthirsty vampires crashing though the windows, and ends with more blood on the walls than any dining establishment needs.

Pulled into a deadly game neither wants to play, Kate and Curran find themselves dealing with the vile undead and tolerating a clan of maniacal, hard partying Vikings while desperately trying to save the life of an innocent child...

Magic Gifts previously appeared in Gunmetal Mag
… (more)
Member:liscosity
Title:Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.6)
Authors:Ilona Andrews
Info:Self-published, ebook, 100 pages

Work Information

Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews

Awesome novella showing Kate and Curran as they try to save a child from a dangerous piece of jewelry. ( )
  zeronetwo | May 14, 2024 |
The first time I read Magic Bites I didn't get why there were so many rave reviews. I mean it seemed pretty average. The world building was cool and Kate seemed alright but a bit standoffish. The romance between Kate and Crest was mediocre - it seemed like she didn't like him at all and it felt forced and awkward. The romance between her and Curran wasn't any better. It didn't make sense why he followed her home while he was on his date. I liked Derek and Ghastek was creepy. There was lots of snappy, witty dialogue and I had a few laughs - but I was just confused. It was good but it wasn't great.

Yeah - read the rest of the series. It gets SO MUCH BETTER. Kate stops being standoffish and starts letting people in. Derek becomes a total badass. Ghastek - well he's still pretty creepy. But also funny and kind and sweet when he wants to be. And Curran - I love him now. He is an absolute ass in this first book. But I forgot. He becomes everything you want in a love interest. There's a ton of new loveable characters; Julie, Andrea, Aunt Bea, Raphael, Barbaras. Some new evil ones; Hugh, Roland. So much action and adventure and intensity and laughs.

So do yourself a favour. Keep reading.

What a disaster. Poor Andrea with Raphael showing up with some other chick. I liked that Curran and Kate trick Ghastek - about time he gets screwed. ( )
  funstm | Jun 25, 2023 |
Lighthearted stuff compared to the normal Kate Daniels fare (which I love-don't get me wrong)-I enjoyed the extra humor in this novella. The Neo-Vikings always make me laugh. Thought it was a good story, if a little speedily wrapped up in the end. Loved the scene at the Guild, Ghastek constantly making his vampire roll its eyes, and the way Curran and Kate tricked him. Read it, Kate Daniels fans. ( )
  Harks | Dec 17, 2022 |
I'm pretty sure I've read this before, but that certainly didn't stint my enjoyment. Classic Kate Daniels -- full of exhausted, grumpy heroine covered in muck and hoping for a quiet night at home. Good luck with that, Kate. Good luck with that. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
3.5-3.75
Even though it has 100 pages, I felt the plot flowing too fast to be fully enjoyed.
  Sara_Lucario | Oct 19, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Is contained in

I was ten feet from the office door of Cutting Edge Investigations when I heard the phone ring inside.

Magic Gifts previously appeared in Gunmetal Mag

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,746,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible