Entombed in Alcatraz by Robert Victor Luke

Entombed in Alcatraz

by Robert Victor Luke

412,353,965 (4)None

My husband and I visited San Francisco just after Christmas 2011. On that trip we visited Alcatraz. It was not something I anticipated enjoying; I mean, it's a former prison.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the tour very informative and interesting. The tour guides were really good and tried to keep the spirit lighter than one might expect from such a dreary location.

While visiting Alcatraz we met a former inmate who was there signing the book he recently published. It was very interesting to meet him. I purchased a copy of his book and he signed it for me.

The book is a quick and easy read. Luke put a lot of effort into recounting his story and has included appropriate details without giving more than necessary.

He appears to be a reformed man. In the book he tells of a moment of thoughtful clarity in which he realized he was there in Alcatraz completely by choice. From that point forward he attempted to live differently. He never speaks of a conversion experience so I do not believe he found Christ or came to any other kind of life-changing conclusion other than that he needed to make a change.

His wife was with him at the book-signing and seems to be a very supportive and loving companion for him. He's a lucky man to have lived through such things and to have redeemed the time he had left. ( )
  BoundTogetherForGood | Jan 10, 2012 |

Travel with one man on his journey through imprisonment in Alcatraz, and other prisons, Also his early life and the 51 years since his release.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:26 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,698,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible