Millennium Slave Part 1 by Sijuan King

Millennium Slave Part 1

by Sijuan King

432,353,675 (2.25)None

A Page Turner...Educational and Entertaining...I couldn't Put the Book Down...Read it In One Sitting. Got to Get it
  Yvonne_Rainey | Mar 5, 2012 |
Sijuan King, debut author of Millennium Slave has told a truly amazing story. What starts out as a getaway cruise to a Caribbean island for Charles Allen Hart and Trudy Henderson turns out to be an unbelievable nightmare. Wined and dined then locked up in a cage for transport to an island that time seems to have forgotten. An island where slavery is the norm and where the inhabitants of the island do not know that it is no longer the the late 1800's. The story is an interesting look at what slavery was like and how the greed of the white men portrayed perpetuated the continuation of black slavery as it was. The story is told in court where Charles is on trial for attempted murder and kidnapping. A story that most people would find impossible to believe. I am not sure if I would believe if someone told me something like this. Is Charles guilty or not guilty?? Well I guess we will have to read Part II to find out. I for one definitely look forward to reading the rest of the story. Sijuan King is a gifted storyteller. I enjoyed this book immensely and highly recommend it be read by all people no matter what their race. ( )
  celticlady53 | Jan 31, 2012 |
The premise of the book looked interesting. Good even. Enough to get past the cover, anyway. Unfortunately, the cover was the best thing about the book. I felt like I was reading something a high school student had written, only it kept going on and on. The characters weren't fully fleshed out or realistic enough to be anything but stereotypes. At the trial, the "testimony" isn't written the way someone would speak, which was fairly annoying, and the interludes between the testimony are laced with hyper-emotion. Maybe a good editor could do something with this travesty, but it would have to be reworked entirely. I actually threw the book in the garbage when I was finally finished, and the only reason I finished it was so I could review it fairly. Two thumbs way down. ( )
  carmelitasita29 | Jan 2, 2012 |

Millennium Slave is the two-part story of a man who will stop at nothing to reach his goals.  When the novel opens, Charles Allen Hart has reached the pinnacle of success. Armed with brains, charm and an MBA, he is appointed CFO of one of the world's largest corporations while still in his thirties. When he purchases his dream home-- a penthouse apartment near Central Park-- he knows his hard work has finally paid off.
He also has wonderful family and friends, as well as the love of Trudy Henderson, a brilliant and beautiful civil rights attorney. When, as part of his promotion, he is offered a cruise onboard the corporate yacht, Charles accepts and asks Trudy to go with him. Their first night at sea, he asks her to be his wife, and her acceptance is the final piece of his perfect and well-deserved life, falling into place.
But there are evil forces at work that Charles cannot even conceive of, and he is about to get caught up in their centuries-old plan to preserve their way of life. These forces are powerful enough to make a two-hundred-foot yacht disappear into the Atlantic, and its passengers and crew declared legally dead.
Now locked in bondage thousands of miles from home, Charles works tirelessly to formulate an escape. He will need every ounce if his physical, mental, and spiritual strength in order to defeat the secret society of powerful men who have enslaved himself, his beloved Trudy, and so many others he has grown to care about; some of whom have never known the taste of freedom.
Throughout the course of the novel, Charles learns that control is an illusion, for everything he had was ripped away. He also learns that freedom is more important than materialism, and that wisdom can be found in the most unlikely places, and from the most unlikely people.  Millennium Slave is an epic story of both heartbreaking tragedy and triumph of the human spirit.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:21 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,676,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible