Happily Ever After by Edward H. Carpenter

Happily Ever After

by Edward H. Carpenter

I loved the twist on the classic fairy tales, and how the author managed to combine many classic fairy tales into one story. The choice of narrator was unique and gave a very funny perspective to the different situations the narrator found herself in. I particularly liked the explanation for this story that the author wrote and the end. It is an interesting essay on the nature of women in fairy tales, and was very enjoyable and thought-provoking. ( )
  calicocat901 | Jun 12, 2012 |
I won this through the member giveaways, and I guess they sent it to me through Amazon? I don't own a Kindle so that's kind of useless. I wish it would have specified that you had to have a kindle to enter.
  bacillicide | May 11, 2012 |
This was written from the so called wicked witch/stepmother perspective in all the different fairy tales. I really enjoyed seeing her perspective and what she wanted for her kingdom and son. It also made you think if it was a man pulling the strings would she really be considered wicked? ( )
  CKHillman | May 6, 2012 |
This was a marvelously funny retelling of the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves fairy tale. The stepmothers is witty funny and manages to give moral justification for her actions. Really good story ( )
  arelenriel | Apr 23, 2012 |
I loved this story. It opens with the Queen complaining about Cinderella. She says "You can take the slattern out of the scullery, but you can't take the scullery out of the slattern. All this, unfortunately, appears to have been lost on my darling son." And then she proceeds to tell about the toad that she had to kiss, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, all the while acting like everything she did was perfectly innocent. It's a very short story but it will have you laughing. ( )
  Draak | Apr 21, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Edward H. Carpenter's book Happily Ever After was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,076,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible