Cyber Bullying No More: Parenting A High…

Cyber Bullying No More: Parenting A High Tech Generation (Growing with…

by Holli Kenley

931,349,817 (4.8)None

Do you know how to stop cyber bullying, when you are a parent or caregiver for this modern world of high tech children? Kenley will provide you with a simple how to steps to step guide. She will give you advice and information to stop any cyber bullying that may try to knock on your children’s door. She gives tools and concepts for parents to understand the potentials of the internet communication, as well as those needed to protect and assist their children in using technology effectively and safely. The three concepts used are protection, intervention and prevention in a down to earth easy to read booklet any parent would want to know by reading this book. © 2016 Jackie Paulson ( )
  JackiePaulson1 | Jun 22, 2016 |
With technology becoming more prominent in my children's lives, I am drawn toward literature that informs me and empowers me as a parent since I sometimes feel helpless as I witness how quickly my kids are becoming familiar with the Internet, social media, and any gadget that is placed in their still small hands.

Cyber Bullying No More is a concise, but highly informative book on wise strategies to help parents deal with a reality they wish would go away—cyber bullying. This simple, yet well-thought out book covers three areas of importance: protection, intervention and prevention. The best advice I got out of this book is the amount and quality of communication and supervision that is required from parents when parenting their emotionally young but tech-savvy kids. The principles and daily practices the author expounds are intelligent and they make sense. Her experience as a marriage and family therapist comes through as she takes an international problem and shows families they can deal with it.

All parents should be informed and armed to help their kids in the best possible way and this book does that. Initially, I thought there couldn't be enough information in this publication that looks more like a pamphlet than a book, but after I read it I can see that it's enough information to assist parents substantially without overwhelming them. Yes, technology is advancing at such a rapid pace many parents feel left behind, but this book can help you to see that you are the parent and your authoritative but loving parenting is paramount.

If bullying has become more of a concern for you, the author also includes a bibliography of books for additional reading. I think this book is beneficial for parents with children of all ages, especially 5 and over. Prevention is the best medicine. It's never too early or too late to start. This book is for those parents who want to get on the bandwagon of a parental movement to guide, monitor and balance their children' intake of the needed yet dangerous world of technology. ( )
  LauraFabiani | Aug 12, 2012 |
“cyber bulling no more: Parenting a High Tech Generation” by Holli Kenley, M.A. is a book for all parents to read. Although the book isn’t very long, 21 pages, the author covers a lot of information. She discusses how to protect your child online by implementing safety measures and negotiating rules and then renegotiating as a child gets older and more responsible; how to get intervention for the child that might be a victim of cyber bulling or the child who is actually committing cyber bulling; and how to prevent destructive behaviors online.

What I liked is that the author doesn’t go to the old standby of “children should be protected from technology.” She understands that technology is a way of life and the best way to protect our children is by educating them and also by modeling proper behavior online. She also discusses on having a safety plan in place (and what it should consist of) if anyone in the family is being cyber bullied.

It is a quick read with a lot of good information. I know that I will be implementing her measures in my home. ( )
  HeatherMS | May 24, 2012 |

Electronic Media Can Endanger As Well As Empower Your Kids. Cyber bullying is rampant. Every day children are being humiliated, violated, and degraded through the use of electronic devices. Young people are frightened and don't know where to turn. Parents are frustrated and unsure how to help or how to protect their children. Although there are dozens of excellent books, videos, websites, and resources addressing cyber bullying, this book will give parents/guardians a manageable number of effective parenting strategies to incorporate into their lives and their children's. Parents/guardians will learn practical safety measures that can be easily implemented for the protection of their children. Parents/guardians will learn a series of intervention strategies to utilize once their child has experienced a cyber bullying attack. Parents/guardians will learn how they can play a role in the prevention of cyber bullying by educating themselves on principles of causation. Parents/guardians will be given specific tools or exercises to implement within each strategy. Parents/guardians will be given recommendations for additional support and education.… (more)

Loving Healing Press

2 editions of this book were published by Loving Healing Press.

Editions: 1615991352, 1615999078

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,718,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible