Consumed by Love by Pavarti K Tyler

Consumed by Love

by Pavarti K Tyler

631,795,440 (3.63)None

To consume, such a glutinous statement. We hear it all the time, "Oh I am so full, I think I consumed enough for two people!" or that ever oh so dramatic thing that many of us are guilty of letting out, "I am consumed with rage or hate, with remorse or with love. We consume and are consumed every day with emotions, struggling each day and choosing to react or respond to these desires. For most of us, we keep a tap on the hedonistic pleasure of our consumption, whether it be bacon, chocolate or a second pumpkin spice caramel macchiato or not calling for the fifth time that afternoon just to say I love you. However, most of us do not have a power that spans beyond regular impulse, a power embedded and written into our genes that does not allow us to stop and those that do (raising and eyebrow) we have partners, family and friends that pull us back from the brink and set our bottle of darkness behind the dusty record player and bathe us in healthy things to do and to consume which eat up those unrealistic urges and needs.

This is a tale about being consumed by love. Between the two people who are the center of the story, each are consumed and are consuming each other in one form or another. It is a codependency of epic proportions. As dark and horrific as it is at base level, Pavarti K. Tyler has shown her talent to weave with words the passion so many of us feel for our true loves in such a startling and densely dark tale. Their love proves the age old belief of love can conquer anything, no matter what others may argue or say. Even if it is learning to truly conquer something, you must allow it to consume you. In a realistic world this could and usually is true. I am a believer of stripping everything down to a base level to start building things back up, and when it comes to relationships, and illness of the body, mind, soul or as is with this couple, all of the above. You have a fair to chance. Does this couple make it? Are their choices healthy or is there something more between the lines of this horrifying and beautiful tale? You will have to determine that on your own. You will have to go and grab it for a dark and dreary, preferably with your wooby and a jigger of whiskey added to your tea. Personally, I found them quite successful in their endeavor.

Recommended for those that like their horror dark, like their erotica off kilter and darker and have the brains to read between the lines. ( )
  AKMamma | Nov 25, 2013 |
Picture
If you are considering Consumed by Love, ask yourself these questions?

Do you like horror?
Do you like the paranormal?
Do you like graphic scenes?
Do you like novellas?

You'll have to answer at least yes to the first three for this book. It is not for the faint of heart. This is a story of a man who goes through a supernatural change at the detriment of his wife who is willing to give up her life out of love.

Pavarti K Tyler is a very talented author who gives you just enough information while leaving you with tons of questions that never get answered. As you read, you realize that that was the intent. It was well done though frustrating, but I'm guilty of that, too.

As I said, this is a book with graphic details that are well written. It is a short read and well worth it if the genre is your thing. Ms. Tyler is a talent that can't be missed.

Note: This book was provided as part of a book tour without expectation of a positive review. ( )
  RebeccaGraf | Oct 23, 2012 |
Consumed by Love by Pavarti Devi is a wickedly twisted short story filled with perverse love and sadistic carnal desires. What's happening to Hugo isn't natural, yet his lust for flesh, for blood, seeps from his very core. He has always known this change would take place and with the passing of his father, an Abenaki chief, he expected it. Though he wasn't quite prepared for what was stirring inside of him and the hunger it brought forth.

As the days passed after Hugo's father's death, Bree watched her husband fading away. He didn't sleep, didn't eat, and barely said a word. As hard as Bree tried, Hugo was spiraling down into a black hole she couldn't help him out of. That is, until she gave him what he so desperately wanted...her flesh and her blood. How far will Bree go in order to keep her true love satisfied? A nibble here and a chunk of meat there, won't be enough to keep the beast satiated.

Pavarti Devi was very creative in writing this aberrant and unique tale. I enjoyed the premise of the story, but felt it was a bit hurried. I realize it's a short story but it moved along rather quickly, sometimes bouncing from one situation on to the next without any connection or segue. I also had a problem with the dialog at times. As it was hard to distinguish who was speaking, simply because of the placement and structure of the lines being exchanged between characters.

I do recommend giving this a read, for it's very different and entertaining! There are sexual situations and violent themes not suited for younger readers.

Hazel O'Shea
Written for the Juniper Grove Blog ( )
  JaidisShaw | Jun 17, 2011 |

Consumed by Love is the story of a couple who must face one partner's supernatural transformation. This short piece is written in the style of a classic horror story with a dark take on the addictive nature of love.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,675,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible